Help with No Religion opportunity

Rikolus

Chieftain
I am average (at best) Civ 5 player who has two Civ 6 games going, each at about 150 turns, on Prince normal level. I was surprised, when I decided to consider making a Great Prophet to start a Religion, that G/P card was gone! So no more New religions. I guess 4 religions max in my 8-player game. So here is my quandry: I have a holy site and am at the point where I can make Missionarys and Apostles. But they come in as Protestant, the religion of my neighbor (and soon to be enemy). In essence, I can convert my other citys to the religion but that would seem to just be helping Him, no? So what the heck is the use of building them? Is all that faith just going to go to waste? Is there a way to tell my population to Stop following that religion, lol? As an aside: why can't I Warn my neighbor to STOP converting my citys, as in C5? Bottom line, if you don't CREATE a religion, it seems you're screwed and have nothing to do with all those future Faith points. Help please.

Some religions might have some really useful buildings you'd want. Theocracy allows you to buy military units with faith plus a discount for faith purchasing. Then there's using faith/gold to buy great people. No reason to help their religion spread to some other player but to your own cities they could be helpful. Not to mention if you have any desire to keep that religion in your cities might have to fight off apostle spam from the other AI.

You can use the faith to
-buy GP
-buy Naturalists for national parks
-(w Theocracy government) buy military units
-(w the right religion) buy worship buildings in your Holy Site or even buildings in your campus/theater square
-(w righ CS ally) buy city center buildings

Any "religious" units you buy will be of the religion of the city it is bought in... Which can be useful...if you eliminate your neighbor, you can spread their religion inside your empire to keep some other civ from winning a religious victory

Pretty sure there are 5 religions in an 8 player game.

If you want to get a religion you need to get a holy site early, very likely a shrine too. And watch the Great Person screen carefully.

You can pretty much ensure you get one on every difficultly level if you're prepared to focus on it. Even with civs that aren't very religious.

I am average (at best) Civ 5 player who has two Civ 6 games going, each at about 150 turns, on Prince normal level. I was surprised, when I decided to consider making a Great Prophet to start a Religion, that G/P card was gone! So no more New religions. I guess 4 religions max in my 8-player game. So here is my quandry: I have a holy site and am at the point where I can make Missionarys and Apostles. But they come in as Protestant, the religion of my neighbor (and soon to be enemy). In essence, I can convert my other citys to the religion but that would seem to just be helping Him, no? So what the heck is the use of building them? Is all that faith just going to go to waste? Is there a way to tell my population to Stop following that religion, lol? As an aside: why can't I Warn my neighbor to STOP converting my citys, as in C5? Bottom line, if you don't CREATE a religion, it seems you're screwed and have nothing to do with all those future Faith points. Help please.

Thanks guys for the help & suggestions....

Top Bottom