Help with RoM AND scenario making.

I've been wanting to make some scenario's for the mod. However i've got no clue as to what I need in order to make one. Anyone know what i'll need?

I've been wanting to make some scenario's for the mod. However i've got no clue as to what I need in order to make one. Anyone know what i'll need?

Step 1:
A concept :)

Not just kidding. Let us know what kind od scenario you wanna make. Give some details to make us interested in it.
And be patient the devs (who really can give technical support are quite bussy.

Yeah, you need an idea, and lots of time on the WB :)

Step 1:
A concept :)

Not just kidding. Let us know what kind od scenario you wanna make. Give some details to make us interested in it.
And be patient the devs (who really can give technical support are quite bussy.

I was going to make a turn of the century scenario that starts off in 1900 where the world is still 14 years from WW1, 4 years from the Russo-Japanese War and 3 years from flight. The US has just emerged from the Spanish-American war as the victor and now can be considered a great power. In Europe things are ok but if the nations aren't careful the whole continent could be plunged into war. Germany is growing stronger but lacks the colonies that they think would garner it more respect on the world stage. Meanwhile in Britain the Royal Navy still rules the waves and in less then will ten years launch HMS Dreadnought and begin a naval arms race for the ages. Russia is more backwards compared to the other nations but if they're able to get themselves together the sheer size of the nation alone would make it impossible to conquer. Meanwhile in China the Boxer Rebellion is in full swing as the Eight-Nation Alliance looks to end it once and for all. In Africa the powers of Europe are in the midst of trying to grab as much of the continent for themselves in what's known as the Scramble for Africa.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13292909 said:
It's a huge task. I've tried it myself and never finished it. Good luck for your plan but if you don't even know where to start from, I suggest you first try something easier.

I've got lots of time on my hand and i'm a fast learner.

I've got lots of time on my hand and i'm a fast learner.

Fast learner or not, everyone's got to start small before moving on to larger and more complex endeavors. Trust me on that one ;)

Don't try running a marathon when you haven't learned to walk yet, and all that. Just an analogy, mind you. Not implying that you don't know anything about modding - I'm just saying you should probably start with a smaller scenario first, then try your hand at your original idea. Like folks are told on the RPGMaker's forums - don't try and make your "Dream Game" on your first attempt. Get some experience under your belt first with smaller and simpler games or minigames, pick apart other free ones to examine their workings, then try your hand at making what you really want to see.

If you want to do things the hard way, that's your decision - but you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and time in the long run if you try some smaller projects first.

If you want to do things the hard way, that's your decision - but you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and time in the long run if you try some smaller projects first.
It's in my nature to do things the hard way first. Plus all the frustration makes it that much sweeter when it's completed. So is anyone going to tell or link me to what I need or not?

It's in my nature to do things the hard way first. Plus all the frustration makes it that much sweeter when it's completed. So is anyone going to tell or link me to what I need or not?

You can find everithing at this link you shall ever need, especially when someone prefers the hard way :)

Time and patience?

There are several good Earth maps available, so you don't have to start from scratch. Just do a search on the forum.

The WorldBuilder is inside Civ, but I assume you know about that ;)

I've never made a scenario for civ before, so I don't think I'm of much help.

But with:
A World Map that's already done (AND comes with one);
The big civ pack for you to have every civ you want already done;
And a lot of time to study the game and history.

Then I guess you're done.

If your idea is not to make triggers in the game, I think that's pretty much what you need. I guess the hardest thing will be balance between nations and historical accuracy, so good luck!

I was going to use the Giant Earth Map that comes with AND. I've also got the mega-civ pack and bonus leaderheads for AND also so i'll most likely need to rename a few leaders for the scenario.

I was going to use the Giant Earth Map that comes with AND. I've also got the mega-civ pack and bonus leaderheads for AND also so i'll most likely need to rename a few leaders for the scenario.

Good! :)
Than get to work and keep us flooding with updates and screenshots :D

Ok quick poll/question. How should I do the Austro-Hungarian Empire? Should I have Austria and Hungary in a permanent alliance or what?

Ok quick poll/question. How should I do the Austro-Hungarian Empire? Should I have Austria and Hungary in a permanent alliance or what?

Being a Hungarian I already thought of this issue. I would do it this way:
Place Austrian and Hungarian cities to their place, than make the Hungarian to be ones captured by Austria (place an Austrian unit on them). This way there will be only 1 empire but it will split into 2 different civs as soon as possible.
I never tried how it really works, but this is my idea.
And to be more accurate the Austro-Hungarian Monarhcy split to more civs: Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, etc.

Place Austrian and Hungarian cities to their place, than make the Hungarian to be ones captured by Austria (place an Austrian unit on them). This way there will be only 1 empire but it will split into 2 different civs as soon as possible.
And to be more accurate the Austro-Hungarian Monarhcy split to more civs: Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, etc.

How exactly would that work?

I would like to understand that too. You mean that because:

1- With Revolutions on, the Hungarian part could one day revolt and really be Hungary, and not a random new civilization.

2- With Assimilation on, The Hungarian part would keep being able to build Hungary's UU and UB.

3- Both previous options together

4- Something different that I didn't consider here (added or not to options 1 & 2)

Top Bottom