help

empireme

Chieftain
i need help when i try to play my scenerio it says
FILE NOT FOUND "#" i dont know what "#" can anyone help me:( :( :( :( :(

I don't think anyone can help if you don't say what scenario you're trying to play!

You might be better off asking in the scenario's own thread. Don't forget to specify what version of Civ III you have (Play the World, Conquests, etc) and precisely where you installed the scenario.

Or if this is a scenario you're making yourself, what exactly have you done?

Exactly what Plotinus says, we can't go very far with: Scenario, file not found, help.

I don't think anyone can help if you don't say what scenario you're trying to play!

You might be better off asking in the scenario's own thread. Don't forget to specify what version of Civ III you have (Play the World, Conquests, etc) and precisely where you installed the scenario.

Or if this is a scenario you're making yourself, what exactly have you done?

i have play the wolr the only thing ive done differently if added some new units:( :confused: :( :confused:

I am having a similar problem to empireme. I am working in Conquests, trying to add the ASW Helo unit by vingrjoe. I have followed Colonel Kraken's tutorial but with no success so far.

I have created a new scenario called My Mod to add the ASW Helo unit to and have renamed the INI file from ASW Helo to My Mod.INI in keeping with the folder name as instructed.

I have the file structure:
My Mod\Art\Units - in here all the files that came with the ASW Helo download including the renamed .INI file.

and: My Mod\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units - in here ASWHelolg and ASWHelosm

and: My Mod\Text - in here the modified PediaIcons and Civilopedia text files

Does this look correct?

I am not sure what to type in the search path in the scenario parameters in the Editor. At the moment I have: Art;Units;My Mod;My Mod.INI

Will this work?

Please advise, I am getting driven to distraction by this!

When I load My Mod in debug mode and try to add an ASW Helo (using shift F1) I get this message:

File not found
Art\Units\My Mod\My Mod.INI

game will now close

Thanx, will try.

Tried that - still no joy. Do you think I have correct file structure?

thanx for sticking with this! What do you need a screenshot of?

Ok,

Attached are 5 screenshots for you to diagnose d.highland! First 4 are of My Mod file structure. Number 5 is the Editor open on scenario properties page.
Thanx for your help on this. If you need any other screenshots let me know.

P.S. If anyone else thinks they may be able to help, feel free to have a look at the screenshots and see what you make of them! Thanx.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.pcx
    54.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2.pcx
    81.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 3.pcx
    81.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 4.pcx
    92.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot 5.pcx
    81.8 KB · Views: 71
Screenshot Three: Rename Units to units
Screenshot Four: No wonder it doesn't work. Make a folder in units called ASW HELO, and put those files in that folder. Make sure you add the units 32 pic and everything else to correct spots.
Screenshot Five: That's good.

Sorry about the pcx format. What is better format for future reference? Thanx for the advice I will try making those changes.

Top Bottom