help

kkapalk

Warlord
I wonder if I have found a bug. During my last game the Aztec capitol suddenly lit up, and its surrounding area. I had no units in his area and had not advanced any technology such as satellites to reveal such. It reminded me of when a city state becomes your ally. I started a new game and met Germany an his capitol appeared straight away too. any ideas as to why?
thanks.

Are you by any chance their teammates? Not allies, TEAMMATES.

There's a less used feature in the game where you can put several civs into a team, this shares your technology research as well as their field of vision (and you can see what they build).

It's a small possibility.

Exchanged embassies? Spy finished surveillance or diplomat finished schmoozing?

Browd, I don't have the espionage part of the game enabled so that is out. Oz, team mates sounds correct for the new game with Germany but it doesn't explain why Monty's capitol lit up. Thanks guys. I have since started more games which have played out correctly.:)

had you stationed a fighter in an adjacent city?

Embassies sound right, if he sold his location to you, they tend to want that.

When you say lit up, do you mean just their exact location but under the fog of war?

It sounds like you exchanged embassies. When you accept an embassy, it reveals the location of their capital.

Oz, it wasn't embassies as we were at war when it happened. One of his minor cities was in view as my units were next to it. But suddenly his capitol and the surrounding tiles lit up during the war. Walter, yes I did have a fighter in the city next to his minor city.

I've only had that happen when I had a unit nearby, and their capital just finished building a world wonder. It would only flash/light up for a few seconds though.

Top Bottom