Helpfull tips disappear and can't scroll with mouse.

City Builder

Complicated Complication
EDIT: Sorry, I had no idea there was another thread about this, until today when someone replied to another thread that brought the original up to the top. Mods feel free to delete this if you see fit.

Hi,
Im not sure if this is a bug or not but since it's intermittant I have to assume that it is a bug

Heres the situation, When it's time to construct a new unit/building at a city, sometimes sids tips show up and sometimes they dont. If the list has a scroll bar on the right side, then I can usually use my mouse and scroll the list up and down, but when there are no sid tips popping up, I also can't scroll the list using my middle mouse wheel.

This also seems to happen when it's time to start on a new research project as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Because if it's just my computer I'd like to know what I have to do to fix it because it's absolutely driving me mad :mad: I really dont know the game well enough yet to not be able to use those tips.

Oh and it also happens occasionally when another leader is offering me some kind of deal like churchill just did where he offered me mystacism for mining, but when I moused over either item no help tip poped up for me this time, but when isabel did, then the tip popped up just fine.

Thanks,

EDIT I should also mention that CIV4 worked fine for me the last time that I played it yesterday which was obviously before I installed warlords tonight.

Disappearing popup text is rather common. It seems to be related with worker action buttons. It can be fixed by selecting a worker and hovering mouse over worker actions. Or clicking with one or both mouse buttons on the minimap. No permanent solution, afaik.

Thanks but I can't select anything when the popup menus appear. Such as when it's time to build a new unit or building at a city, then there is the popup window asking me what I want to build next, and I can't do anything until I confirm what I want to build. So how would I select a worker?

Since all actions are not allowed until I confirm a build, Im confused on how I can regain the tool tip when this happens.

Thanks

Top Bottom