Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cheetah

Deity
CGN has asked us to stand by in case they will not be able to hold their city of Boston.

In such a case, they would like to gift it to us, so their defending units can get instant transportation back to their capital.

We should then disband the city as soon as possible.

I'm starting this poll just to get a clear view of what our decision regarding this request is.

To some extent, this act will determine our position in this war. If we accept the city, and disband it as requested, we side with CGN. If we decline the request, we side against CGN.

I don't think we can sit on the fence much longer - CGN has been fair with us, let's help them when we can.

-- Ravensfire

I think that doing this will really annoy Webringen and might not be appreciated by Netatolia to any great extent. Webringen is friendly with Gamecatcher which means that might already be hostile to us, I think we can get a lot farther along in this game if Webringen and Netatolia fight a bitter unending see-saw war against each other and both stay friendly to us.

I have voted other, because I only support doing this if you can tell me that the game mechanics work out so Webringen thinks that Netatolia abandoned the city and we had nothing to do with it. I would also need written assurance from Netatolia that they will keep the transaction a secret from all other nations.

Good points, deshelbr. The good news is that the turn cycle goes from Netatolia to Apolyton to us. So everyone that could know is friendly to us anyway. As long as we disband the city, there is no way that GWT will know about it. I think that if we do this, I will need to get on the horn with Poly right away to let them know our intentions.

And I agree that continued war in the west will only help our standing in the game. And if this move will help to keep the balance, then I am all for it.

I believe this will help prolong the war. It will only happen if GWT has a chance to take Boston. If we help Netatolia all their forces in Boston will be transported to their capital and will be able to defend themselves better against GWT. Thus the war will go on.

But will the city be destroyed in just one turn if we order it to abandon?

It should go away immediately, Cheetah. I would imagine that if we can't see it, then others won't as well. Although I admit that I am uncertain how this works during a PBEM game.

I think it will be dibanded so that noone (except maybe Poly) Will know anything about it.

One thing, when 'unit warping' was done in Poly's PTW Demogame, it was denounced as an exploit. I'm indifferent to it, just thought I would point that out.

I think GWT and GCA used it to transport GCA troops to the other continent, just a guess though.

Accept it, but Poly should be the only other civ to know.

But wait, doesn't the city change to us when we accept the deal, so that we get the city when our turn comes, and if we disband it immidiately, noone will ever know we ever had it...?

Not sure though, haven't played that much PBEM's... but it could work.

That is what I suspected... So if they weren't punished, why shouldn't we do it?

So explain this to me... if they give us Boston, can't we just keep it as part of the deal and Webringen wont attack us?

There is no guarantee that they won't attack us. At this stage of the game, I would suspect they would. The city would be empty, and they wouldn't need a settler to build a repair city.

No, if we do this, we must disband it.

-- Ravensfire

Let's do it. It's time to show a friendly gesture to Netatolia and there is no way that anybody but them and us need to know about it.

...but couldnt this cause us being out of favor with Webringen, who is one, if not the, of the world superpowers? I say we just stay out of it personally.

But we are going upwards... and they can't attack us now with a very big army as they are fighting Netatolia.

seems a bit... stupid I guess. Why piss someone off when we don't need to:confused:

Top Bottom