Hemispheres + Continent = ?

Pantastic

King
I like the hemispheres map in BTS, but I also like the terra style with a 'colonization' continent to go to. Is there a way or a variant map script to do what's basically a 3 continent 'hemispheres' map but with only barbs on one continent?

I don't know such a map script but hemispheres maps sometimes do generate small empty continents, although it's not a certainty.

There's actually a script in the mods section of this site called PerfectWorld that might be closer to what you're looking for. It doesn't generate the perfect separation like hemispheres does, but it always separates out a "new world" continent.

I'm actually working on a variation of the script that applies the same logic I used to build hemispheres, but it's a bit tricky to get it quite right, since PW uses plate tectonics instead of straight fractals.

Try the Smartmap mod. It'll do this, and more.

Wodan

I've never run into that, CaptainMidnight. You sure? I'm using it in my current game and there's definitely icepack.

Also, I believe there are options in the custom setup screen where you can set which way the map "wraps" (wrap x, wrap y, toroidal/both). Maybe you have it set on toroid (doughnut) and didn't realize.

Wodan

Top Bottom