1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Henry's Maps] Europe 99x72 + starting locations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by henryMCVII, Oct 11, 2010.

1. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Version 1.7 is out now. Whats in?

21 City States now:
    Almaty was added on Kolchis location. Its *wrong* location of cource, but I felt we need something there.

15 instead of 13 Civilizations:
    • 14 Iroquoise (starting near Vilnius, represent the Polish-Lithuan Empire. Anyway, Warshaw still is City State.)
    • 15 Chinese (starting near location of Kiew, representing Kiewan Rus or Ukrain (while Russia more represent the Moscowitan Rule)

3 new "Natural Wonders" from last patch included
    • Cerro de Potosi -> Mt. Ararat
    • El Dorado -> Minoan City of Knossos Ruins
    • Founrain of Youth -> Death Sea

Bug fixed that made Mongols playing in "team" with City State.
    All Victory Conditions turned on again.

Please report bugs if there still are any, its not possible to me playing trough all Civs for debuging.

Have fun!

2. D712

D712 Queen

Umm, Im not sure if this is known but when I tried to play as England in the "random slot 2" the nation came up as "TEXT_SCOTTISH_ENGINEER" and the capital was edinburgh. I thought it was england? There were major text problems. Is this just mine or everyones?

3. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

This is just a map, so there shouldn't be text problems. I played a few games with this map myself and didn't get this messages, it was running fine. Anyway I checked this, but I couldn't find a mistake nor I do have any idea, how a pure map affect text files.

Maybe you have loaded some mod, which affect Civ5's original City States files or original Civilizations?

Finaly: What means "Random slot 2" to you? Normaly there shouldn't be Random Slots on this Map anymore since all slots are set to CS or Civs. England starts at the WB slot named "Player 2 (English Empire)".

4. webdogu

webdogu Chieftain

Henry, i downloaded your map and extracted to the proper folder but why does game see your map as invalid map ?

World Builder also fails to load.. What is my problem ?

5. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Hm, I dont know yet. If somebbody else know, hopefully he would tell. I don't have problems with starting the map - and its just a map, so normally nothing should be different from Civ5. Maybe something went wrong while DL? Could you try downloading the map again? Maybe its something that is related to some mod or DLC which is active on your system?

6. muzo249

muzo249 Chieftain

same problem with webdogu :S pls help :S whats the problem ?

7. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

:( I really dont know, i checked this DL again and again: but all runs fine here, even a fresh DL. So... I still dont have any idea. Maybe its my fautl, but i really dont know.

Just check your mods and try to DL again. You should use patched version of cource, map includes new Landmarks (Cerro de Potosi etc.).

8. Southman

Southman Chieftain

Is it possible to get a custom civ working with this map?

I added the swedish empire by deleteing stockholm and adding Sweden on the same start location. But when load scenario is ticked they are not available. So do i need to modify the map file or something like that?

Great map btw!!

//South

9. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Thank you for feedback.

To answer your question: I think adding Civs should be possible via World builder. You need to make sure, the Mod (your Civ: Sweden) is loaded in Worldbuilder and in Civ5 when starting.

Sweden need to be added to the Civs list (under "Scenario") and it will need an Starting Position as well. Make sure, the team number in Civs-List/CS-List is not used twice. Make sure, the SP for Stockholm is set somewhere else on map (or just delete - maybe: better replace - Stockholm in CS-List under "Scenario"). Thats it, I think...

10. Southman

Southman Chieftain

Thx for replying!

Tried that though, no luck so far.. =/

11. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Which Swedish Civ are you using (link?)? Is it working without a premade map?

12. Southman

Southman Chieftain

13. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

I tried your Sweden Mod, it's working to me. (See attachement). But there is a Civ5-glitch: Its not shown as "Sweden" when playing first time. You have to chose the very last "random Civ" from Civs list with "load scenario" selected. Once you have done, "Sweden" will be shown in list as well, as long you dont quit Civ5.

Happy Civing. :)

Attached Files:

14. Southman

Southman Chieftain

Oh thanks! :D

Awesome! You made my day!

15. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

There is an update aviable, its v2.0 right now.

Compared to v1.7 some changes are made_

• ressource adjusting: additional ressources here, a bit less there.
    • River added to Vilnius, some small river changings here and there
    • smaller changings in Landscape
      • Rock of Gibraltar moved 2 spaces,
      • Barriere Reef moved 2 spaces,
      • added a few "Atoll" features, for representing smaller islands,
      • changed some fields from grasslands to plain
      • etc.
    • City States renamed (they show up in original names in game messages, but on map they are using new names.) Basicly this is for Florece (now named Chersones), Genoa (Algiers), Monaco (Barcelona).
    • New City States on Map (they show up in original names in game messages as well, but on map they are using new names.
      • Cape Town (Istanbul),
      • Hanoi (Danzig),
      • Rio de Janero (Lisboa),
      • Singapore (Amsterdam),
      • Almaty (Kolchis).
    • 6 of 24 City States own more then one City, they represent Civilizations, but are not playable. This counts for:
      • Istanbul + Burssa. (starving Byzantine Empire). I choosed "Istanbul" over Konstatinople, becouse Civ5 should check for Names and Ottoman Empire will not found "Istanbul" itsself now, I hope)
      • Copenhagen + Aarhus (Denmark),
      • Stockholm + Kalmar (Sweden),
      • Oslo + Bergen (Norway),
      • Danzig + Riga (Teutonic Order),
      • Lisboa + Porto (Portugale)
    • Start Cities are set now - you can't walk around and found you initial Citiy anywhere else on Henry'sEurope99x72v2.0SC
    • "Clean" Map TSL included (Henry'sEurope99x72v2.0), thisone is still without pre set Cities and City States, but with true starting positions anyway.

16. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Hi Henry,

are you interested in a map to play with these civs?

I'm thinking to a map 96x64 which might be a cut of your map (see attachment below), with 3 more hex rows south to give egyptian a bit more room.

It would contain:
    - vanilla Roman, Egyptian, Greek and Persian civs
    - my custom Gaul, Briton, Germanic, Phoenician
    - my next custom Carthage, Hittite, Iberian, Dacian, Scythian and Sarmatian-to cover the large russian NE corner- civs
    - Tartessos, Knossos, Scandza, Babylon, Petra/Sheeba, Halicarnassus/Ephesus, (Kolchis), (Illyrian), (Thracian) and others among CS

Attached Files:

17. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Hej ambrox,

yeah, I am interested in playing this with all your GREAT civs. :) Do you know a simple way to cut off parts/add some lines to the existing map?

Anyway, for "real ancient play" I would perfer something like a TAM-Map. I found a Civ5 remake of a Civ4 map, which fits pretty well my suggestions about the landscape:

• 99x60 feels well to me
    • map looks turned just a bit, but it is looking good. (basicly you will notice it when looking on minor asia, anything else dont look turned very much, but it is - compare with another euro map)
    • England (NW corner) is on map AND Egypt (SE corner)
    • Egypt has some room to expand along the nile.
    • The large "russian NE corner" is cuttet off there - Sarmatians or Scythians, one of both is no longer *needed* to to cover the corner. Maybe its even cutted to much, I did not play this map until now, just took a look - and it looks good to me.

I am thinking about redoing the remake :crazyeye: - adding ressources and CSt, adjust rivers/land/water a bit, redoing some features and so on. Would this fit your suggestions as well?

@all:

Im working on Hery'sEurope2.1: This will add some more ressources again, especially Oil will be placed much more on the map. Aluminium will be added a bit, and some Uranium as well. I am expecting to be ready in just a few hours. Upload will be done later today or tomorrow.

Attached Files:

18. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Although I'm modding since a while, maps and scenarios are unexplored worlds for me yet.

I just wonder if Civ4-to-CiV map conversions are automatic. If yes, I'm curious to see the outcome of Civ4-TAM-128x64-map conversion; otherwise the map you posted above is good as well.

I see enough room for 12 civs:
    gauls, britons, germanics, romans, iberians, carthage, greeks, dacians, scythians, hittites, phoenicians and egyptians.

There is no optimal room for Persians, although they might start on the east edge as well. May be 3 less desert rows south and 2 more columns east would be perfect. May be 99 is the upper limit?

Nonetheless the map you posted is ok for me. If there are no better starting maps then you might work on it. :goodjob:
    I'll take a full month to complete the custom missing civs.

19. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

You got PM. :)

20. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

Version 2.1 is out now. (see Post 1 for full overfiew.)

It just add some strategic ressources:
    - lots of Oil added (basicly on real World locations)
    - some Coal and Aluminium added
    - a few Uranium Ressources added

Download