1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hepatitis C warning for US clinic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by McManus, Feb 28, 2008.

1. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

BBC linky

So. They reused vials that had come into contact with someones blood for someone else...

Kinda just rang in my ear after that debate about public healthcare when some people claimed that in the US you get the BEST POSSIBLE healthcare in the UNIVERSE because it costs about double for everyone. Not that anyone really cares that much... and isolated incident and all that, guess not really even threadworthy. But just in case, I'll still post it :mischief:

2. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

I believe there was a push by a local congressman here to redo the vials here so that they're single-dose vials (so doctors would know to throw both the vial and the syringe out), after some hepatitis or other disease that could spread through tiny bits of blood and/or syringes.

But, as you said, this is an isolated incident and the chances of one person being affected by this are quite low.