1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Civ2] Heralds setting location?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by adamides, Jun 6, 2019.

1. adamides

adamides Chieftain

When you start up Civ2 for the first time you get that prompt asking whether to enable or disable heralds. Where is that setting stored? Or how can I get that prompt again. I enabled it and want to try running with the setting disabled.

2. Knighttime

Knighttime Chieftain

Look for a file named civ.ini which may be in your C:\Windows directory. If it's not there, then try looking in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows. Open the file in any text editor and see if it contains the line "Herald Warning Shown=1". If you change the 1 to a 0 and resave the file, it should cause the prompt to appear again the next time you start the game.

3. adamides

adamides Chieftain

thank you very much sir. it was in fact in the VirtualStore\Windows location.

Incidentally, if I run the game in admin mode, then the CIV.INI file appears in C:\Windows folder.