1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Herculean Effort

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Carl5872, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Does anyone have tips for getting the Herculean Effort achievement other than dropping in difficulty? (I currently play on Emperor, Marathon and a Huge map) I realize there's already a thread for achievements in general, but it has grown to a monstrous size, and I couldn't find anything about it in there.

I attempted it last time with Korea, and was tech leader. I got the first project easily, but by the time the second one came up, Indonesia had such a huge empire, he got about 5,500 out of 12,000 hammers into it, and I lost.

Should I make an effort to hobble the leader when I try this again?

2. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Definitely. Projects like that favour a wide empire IIRC. It's quite possible to do all that on Immortal though, just pick a suitable enough map/civ combo

3. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

4. KingKong76

KingKong76 Warlord

This is WOrld Fair, Int. Games, ISS in the same game right?
    I think I got that one in my early months since I played a few prince games in the beginning, but its quiet doable on Emperor... Even on Immortal I won the 1st 2 once.

I guess it's a bit situational since you will have to get at least 3 VERY high production cities or a wide empire, wich is both quiet ''easy'' to achieve on emperor.

My strategey would be to keep trying I think. You will get there... I did several time on emperor.

5. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Pay someone to go to war with the larger empires. That usually gets them to focus on unit production

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

6. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Ooh good one, Ill have to try it!