Here is an example of pure AI stupidity

I'm not too keen on the terrain mod overall, it looks a little garish for my tastes. However, that screenshot that shows that tundra forest is beautiful. THAT is how the frozen wastes should look in CivIII.

You folks like things boring or what? I couldn't get motivated to play civ again with the drab original graphics and the same units for every country. Perhaps firaxis should include several terrain styles and multiple country leaders for players to choose from.

PTW, is supposed to include at least 3 new terrain sets.

If you want to put the whole picture on the page switch from .bmp file to .jpg file. For me it only takes up 80 kb for a whole picture.

FYI, those 'Great Books' are entirely random, for the most part. There probably is some influence fromthe reality of the game, but rarely. I often have the most cities/territory and am way ahead in tech and score, yet those darn historians keep ranking me as the worst or near-worst 'powerful' or 'rich' or whatever civ.

Especially so early in the game, the first screenshot means noting. Nice-looking mod BTW. But I prefer the standard rules.

--Ex

YAHHHH!!!!!!!! Napolean lives again! :p

Anyways this picture is for those of you who don't believe me when I tell you that the forum can't handle jpeg files. Note the size of this picture 303000bites AFTER CROPPING! This is over the forum attachment limit of 250000.

To those who insisted I was lying: a picture tells a thousand words.

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 93
Alright!! Here's old man Kohl, the chancellor of Germany, on his knees begging for mercy after being persuaded by Egypt, China, Japan and India to attack me. I guess the stack of units next to Berlin might have something to do with it. To all those who told me I was weak despite being on the top of the power list, eat it!

The other AI's are suing for peace one after another. They know what's coming. They're just lucky I'm too far away and tech is not advanced enough yet for me to give them a quick wooping.
:D

Attachments

• kohlbitesthebigone.jpg
    kohlbitesthebigone.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 71
You will have to compress the picture, too. 80-100 Kb seems to be a good compromise between picture size and quality.

Originally posted by Hurricane
You will have to compress the picture, too. 80-100 Kb seems to be a good compromise between picture size and quality.

Okay, how exactly do you do that? I haven't compressed a file before, if you don't mind.

Here we can see Shaka of the zulu hated by all except me. The reason? He's my friend and he joined me in my defense against evil Egypt. There are another 3 or 4 other countries also at war with the poor fellow not shown on this screen including South Africa right below him. This shows how the AI not only hates the human player, but also anyone the human is friends with. One the other hand, the AI is starting to respect my power and is backing off a lot. I believe I'm not at war with anyone right now. This is the nature of bullies.

Attachments

• zuluhated.jpg
    zuluhated.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 66
I've seen this advisor-graphics and leader-pictures before, but I cant find it..

Anyone care to help me?

The AI offers me deals like 'low gold and my world map' all the time (well, as long as I'm ahead of course), I guess they do that when they're broke.

Originally posted by dominox
found the advisors, but what about the russian and south african leader-pics?

You gotta go to Apolyton's graphics mods forum and it's made by GenghisFarb - a genius.

Shabbaman: they don't have any gold to give out because their tech rate is set to max. It's true. The AI is cheaper but marginally smarter with the patch (only on this one point). You can see it yourself when you establish an embassy and see the science bar maxed out with only 1 money coming in (the lowest possible).

Yeah, I know that. It's just a little pity that they offer you deals like that when they 'will be insulted by this deal' if it's the other way around.

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
Okay, how exactly do you do that? I haven't compressed a file before, if you don't mind.

I don´t use PaintShop Pro so I can´t give exact advice, but you should find a compression slider when you "Save as" and select JPG. This is a screenshot from Window's in-built paint program, so it might look something like this:

Top Bottom