1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Here is my pitch for an 8th governor.

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by darkace77450, Nov 1, 2018.

1. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

I know governors were a hit or miss addition to the game, but I quite liked them. So much so, in fact, that I'd like to see more. Firaxis pretty much covered all the bases with the seven governors introduced in Rise and Fall, but after racking my brain to find a space for an 8th, I've come up with The Environmentalist.

Default Title
    Druidic Lore - +1 faith from unimproved woods tiles within this city's borders.

Tier 1 Titles
    One With Nature - Yields from natural wonders within this city's borders are doubled.
    Healthy Citizenry - So long as this city isn't starving it requires half as many amenities.

Tier 2 Titles
    Green Energy - This city's Industrial Zone gains a major (+2) adjacency bonus if adjacent to a river. This bonus extends to each Industrial Zone within 6 tiles of this City Center.

Tier 3 Titles
    Ecotourism - Naturalists purchased in the city are 25% cheaper. Doubles the tourism from National Parks in the city.
    Organic Food - +1 amenity in the city for each farm, pasture, and plantation built on a bonus resource.

The idea behind The Environmentalist is to provide an alternative path to an early pantheon if you're not fortunate enough to discover an early relic or befriend a religious city-state, to offer a national park counterpart to Reyna's Curator, and to provide a means of growing a city's population without eating into your empire's amenities. I don't have any suggestions for a name or ethnicity for the governor, but making it female would create a balance of four male and four female governors.

That's my best shot at a new governor. If you have any ideas of your own, or if you think the current batch needs some work, feel free to post you ideas here.

SelmanV and AmazonQueen like this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Either Gaia or Terra would make since as a name, and I guess she would maybe look like she was from ancient Greece or Rome since that is the name of the Mother Earth Goddess in both pantheons.

SelmanV likes this.