Here`s looking at you,kid

vapaach

Chieftain
So i now have all the great people, except the great builder, Gilgamesh.

So at one single player game the indians had him ,i captured their city and got Gilgamesh. But when the game ended, i didn`t get Gilgamesh and the achievement. I`ve also tried to capture him using spies but that does not help either. So i can only get him to my hall of glory by getting him myself, not capturing him from the enemies?

Did you settle the GP that you kidnapped in one of you cities before the game ended?

Yay? I think you may have to get him the good old way.

Ah that's a good tip for the One City victory achievement as a bonus. Two achievements, one stone. :)

I shall do this as well, thanks The Mystic.

@TheMystic:
I tried the Greek+BetaCentauri thing and I did get 1 of the 3 missing Great People. But my last two simply refuse to appear. I think I tried 15 times! And I even tried it with various civ's as well, because I needed the 'Difficulties Mastered' achivement (win with all civs). I did notice that the names of the Great People were very often the same - out of the 44(?) I think I got the same 20-25 Great People 95% of the time. Maybe there is some obsure rarity system? Its a pretty annoying achivement, but I need it so bad - its the only one I'm missing!

Got Plato last night for the achievement. No rhyme or reason as the when they come, but you obviously help your chances if you are able to build up gold, science, and culture to their highest levels and get all the Great People that come along with it. Greeks might help too because they get a lot of Great People during the Middle Ages and you should be cranking up gold, science, and culture, by that time, as well as building, if you're going for the single city achievement and have the good fortune of being relatively left alone.

<<<just watched the video.... kinda funny... although I think you improve your chances by using different approaches other than just culture... but maybe I'm wrong and it is totally random how and when they appear, in which case it doesn't matter what method you use>>>

Top Bottom