Here's an idea..Hey 2K/Friaxis...you delivered a beta product...give us free DLC

Agreed, no game breaker ... but that's the point ... there is no way 2K/Friaxis looks at the rivers and says "Man .... they are so awesome looking !!"

No, definitely someone said, "we can't afford to delay the release, let's ship it with crappy rivers and maybe we'll fix it later"

They shouldn't delay a release just because the rivers look lame.

DLCs are the spawn of Satan ... I will buy expansion packs but I won't shell out $10 - 20 every couple of months for new features ... if 2K must insist on DLC packs it should be new civilizations, artwork and scenarios only ... core gameplay should not be changed in crappy DLC 'packs'. :rolleyes:

As per my ORIGINAL post, I'm loving the game.

Just a little "tongue-in-cheek" post thats all

I'm just looking for some free DLC :D ... listing the blatant deficiencies with the game, who knows maybe someone @ 2K will read this and think ..... "yea he's right...lets treat our customers right and give some DLC"

[allright ..... I'm dreaming !! but never know if you don't ask ]

Maybe the words "Class Action Lawsuit" would be better at getting 2K's attention.

If they've promised features that we'ren't delivered upon release ............ hey! any Civ playing lawyers ? :lol:

What a rant !! This game is great - it doesn't crash and civ IV and III were much worse when they come out. Some minor problem may require a bit of attention but in my opinion all is fine ! I love when I attack barbs camp i receive 25 gold . It makes me so happy. I don't care about the game to much - the Medal of Honour is coming out soon so I'll be rocking !!! Starcraft II is the best!

Yea, I remember Greg saying he "wouldn't be around much after the release for a while" .....

I thought his job was community manager ? I not sure why he wouldn't be around ...

He's just smart though, knowing he'd be lynched if you showed up after the release :lol:

Greg is heavily disguised living under an assumed name in a small village in a remote area of Sweden. And well he should be! [pissed]

A free DLC is unlikely. We can hope that they will fix the game and that the patches at least will be free.

Once again, you aren't a programmer or a game designer and you don't know anything about software development.

Getting out of beta doesn't mean you squash every bug in the game, it just means they met their goals for a release version.

Is this your first PC software? Can you find me ONE app or game that wasn't patched? Do you think developers that AREN'T Firaxis release a software product and then don't ever need to update or patch it?

Instead of free DLC, Firaxis developers should give you some free education on computing, I think that may be undeniably more helpful.

Moderator Action: *snip*

If you don't like CIV V don't buy it !! CIV V is the most inteligent AI game ever made. I don't understand people hating all these who love the game. I love the game and I wish 2kGreg will be my friend because I preordered CIV V as soon as 2kGreg asked us to preorder. I liked when he killed rifleman with his trebutchet. I thought - he must be very proffesional gamer so that's why he did the job. I knew I must have this game and all addons / packs / and patches I will buy regardless of price.

A class action lawsuit because you think the rivers are ugly?

uhhh..... no didn't say that (not delivered on promised features is what I said)

I was thinking along the lines of the modding tools / worldbuilder ....

Hey if someone can sue (and win) McDonalds for getting burned with Hot Coffee

and someone else can sue Winabego (and win) for not stating in the manual that you need to steer the RV after you put it in cruise control .... [lady puts RV on cruise control on the highway, and gets up and goes to the washroom, and the RV crashes...she sues cause it didn't say you need to drive the RV :eek:]

hell I figure we got a shot :lol:

Greg and Elizabeth are very active on the 2K forum, so that's why they're probably not around here much because they'd probably just end up answering the same questions they're already answering on their own forum.

It doesn't strike me as a beta. I'm in my second standard/epic/prince game, and while the AI seems weak, I only experienced one crash, no severe slow downs, or graphical issues (the rivers do look poor, cities and the overall visuals of Civ4 were more pleasing to me). It's certainly addictive and I hope that mods and patches, as well as DLC, will continue to improve the game.

Are the rivers something we even can expect to be patched? I'm actually pretty new to the "release now, fix later" era of gaming, so I really don't know, but from the minimal observations I've been able to make, patches typically fix bugs, performance issues, and balance issues, right? Do patches ever actually improve the graphics?

I agree that rivers definitely are not game-breaking, but I think it's definitely a valid complaint given that they were objectively better looking in IV. I would expect that graphics are one of the things in a sequel that there's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to have worse than the game that came before it.

If you don't like CIV V don't buy it !! CIV V is the most inteligent AI game ever made. I don't understand people hating all these who love the game. I love the game and I wish 2kGreg will be my friend because I preordered CIV V as soon as 2kGreg asked us to preorder. I liked when he killed rifleman with his trebutchet. I thought - he must be very proffesional gamer so that's why he did the job. I knew I must have this game and all addons / packs / and patches I will buy regardless of price.

sorry bossconian ... didn't mean to single you out, (just easiest accessable post to quote) ... but come on ....did you read my first post ?

It just made me laugh when you said "rant", and someone else said "children" ... and someone else says "x" .... when I made a point of saying "not bashing Civ 5", "love the game", "all will get fixed", "bought the game"

maybe I just wasn't clear .... apologies !

Once again, you aren't a programmer or a game designer and you don't know anything about software development.

Getting out of beta doesn't mean you squash every bug in the game, it just means they met their goals for a release version.

Is this your first PC software? Can you find me ONE app or game that wasn't patched? Do you think developers that AREN'T Firaxis release a software product and then don't ever need to update or patch it?

Instead of free DLC, Firaxis developers should give you some free education on computing, I think that may be undeniably more helpful.

thanks Zimbu ..... if you could arange for Firaxis to do that it would be great ! :rolleyes:

Are the rivers something we even can expect to be patched? I'm actually pretty new to the "release now, fix later" era of gaming, so I really don't know, but from the minimal observations I've been able to make, patches typically fix bugs, performance issues, and balance issues, right? Do patches ever actually improve the graphics?

I agree that rivers definitely are not game-breaking, but I think it's definitely a valid complaint given that they were objectively better looking in IV. I would expect that graphics are one of the things in a sequel that there's absolutely no excuse whatsoever to have worse than the game that came before it.

if they dont patch it, there will be a mod ... I cannot wait to see Blue Marble for Civ 5 :D

thanks Zimbu ..... if you could arange for Firaxis to do that it would be great ! :rolleyes:

Where did I imply that you didn't love the game or that you don't think the issues will be fixed in my reply?

This is the part I took issue with:

But the quality of the product we purchased is sub-par .....

I have no doubt they'll fix it all, but "out of the box" this is a product that I would expect from an indie developer, not a corporate entity like 2K/Friaxis.

And my entire reply consisted of talking about that point.

EDIT: Awesome, you edited your post that I am quoting so this post doesn't make any sense.

And my entire reply consisted of talking about that point.

well, zimbu .... I don't know if the whole "you don't know anything about software development insults, etc. etc. " was really called for ...

anyways, lunch is over ! back to work (doing software development if that isn't ironic :D)

I'll know not to use words like "beta" next time :goodjob:

Top Bottom