Heres somethign for those who claim christianity is so much farther than islam.

I should also mention that I'm a good hearted American that believs peoples lifestyles should be respected as long a their not hurting anyone. I know that I'd be offended if someone desicrated something that represented a sacred belief of mine.

I have the right to hate you but that would piss you off and not stregthen our relationship just like the bread issue pissed off the christians and was innapropriate.
I dunno about that being a 'right', I don't think we can police people's emotions...

So you've backed down from the following stance?:

I think your wrong. we may mock politicians but we don't mock the democratic system itself, we respect voting, freedom and private property.
In religion we may mock televangelists and such but to mock jesus himself by toying with the representation of him is very offensive to christians and rightly so. Would you say burning a voting booth ( a symbol of democracy) is innocent irreveriance and important to the culture, NO, it would be repudiation of the culture itself.

I.e. you agree that there are a great many people that mock democracy and its traditions? And you agree that, by and large, no-one really cares about them, or wishes death upon them?

If so, then great! We're in agreement :)

I should also mention that I'm a good hearted American that believs peoples lifestyles should be respected as long a their not hurting anyone. I know that I'd be offended if someone desicrated something that represented a sacred belief of mine.

I should also mention that I'm just a good hearted American that believs peoples lifestyles and religious beliefs should be respected as long a their not hurting anyone. I know that I'd be offended if someone desicrated something that represented a sacred belief of mine.

Let me guess, you are a good hearted American that believes peoples lifestyles should be respected as long a their not hurting anyone.

And a happy coincidence made you use capitals at the beginning of two sentences, bless you :)

edit: cue Holy King: :D

hey, have you already mentioned that you're just a good hearted American that believs peoples lifestyles and religious beliefs should be respected as long a their not hurting anyone?

edit: crosspost. i should have known... :lol:

alright im changing to new post you keep changing the premise, then you take different replies based off different premises, change the context, then say I contradict myself. It was a decent conversation till then.

alright im changing to new post you keep changing the premise, then you take different replies based off different premises, change the context, then say I contradict myself. It was a decent conversation till then.
Who are you talking to? It would help if you quoted the person you're replying to when you reply to them. The quote button is at the bottom-right of their post.

lol sorry bout the repost on the american thing, I didnt mean to. but may I just say something, I'm not wring my term paper. I dont feel I need to use perfect grammar. but diss me for it I guess instead of having a discussion thats cool.

lol sorry bout the repost on the american thing, I didnt mean to. but may I just say something, I'm not wring my term paper. I dont feel I need to use perfect grammar. but diss me for it I guess instead of having a discussion thats cool.
The culture on this forum is to use proper English and grammar. You are disrespecting our long-held traditions and standards by not punctuating your sentences correctly. If you read the other threads, you'll see that the vast majority of posters use correct English and grammar. Do you see why Ziggy is offended by this?

:mischief:

EDIT: I'd just like to reiterate, I am joking.

I'm not dissing you, I'm trying to make a point.

In a society where there's freedom of speech, there's also a freedom to offend.

You don't think I find it offensive that in churches people are preaching to a God that aims to have me in eternal suffering because I don't subscribe to their religion? While it is offensive, I choose not to be offended. Because those people have the right to believe anything they want. They have the right to express it anyway they want. This goes for all people. Not only the religious.

The same goes for you rightfully ignoring my rediculous claim you should take my capitalisation believes into account when posting :)

but I have not and never did say they didnt have the right how did it come to that, all i did was respond to a comment that said a culture is stregthened by mocking it. This i disagree with but I never said they dont have the right. Mocking a culture leadsto it's destruction wether its a good or bad culture. I wasn't taking a moral stance as much as trying to make a sociolohical point. But good one on the capitilization mockery (ironery lol can't believe I didnt catch it)

but I have not and never did say they didnt have the right how did it come to that, all i did was respond to a comment that said a culture is stregthened by mocking it. This i disagree with but I never said they dont have the right. Mocking a culture leadsto it's destruction wether its a good or bad culture. I wasn't taking a moral stance as much as trying to make a sociolohical point. But good one on the capitilization mockery (ironery lol can't believe I didnt catch it)

Anyway . What is Christians stance in regard of people who eat the "body of Christ "("Holy" bread) and have it digested from the digestive part of the body and , a big part of it ends up coming from our anus to be removed from the body as it's considred useless for it. And so it ends up to our house toilets. I could post a picture to become more descriptive but i think some people here might be offended by the disgusting sight of that thing.

But people have mocked religion for centuries and it hasn't fallen apart! Anti-semitism wasn't new to the 1930s -- people have been systematically oppressing (or at the very least, ridiculing) the Jews for thousands of years, yet Judaism survives and prospers. They've even got their own country now!

Where are you getting this "sociological point" from?

I can see why people are upset, but death threats are just stupid... I don't recall Jesus ever saying "Love thy neighbour, and if anyone disagrees, kick 'is soddin' 'ead in!"

I can see why people are upset, but death threats are just stupid... I don't recall Jesus ever saying "Love thy neighbour, and if anyone disagrees, kick 'is soddin' 'ead in!"

If you read between the lines thats the message you get. How else do you explain the crusades?

And Jesus spoketh: "I have come here to die for your sins and kick ass, and you're all out of sins" - Matthew 5:28

"This wine is my blood. Drink it." - Vampirism

"This bread is my flesh. Eat it." - Cannibalism

I'm just sayin'...

Top Bottom