Heres somethign for those who claim christianity is so much farther than islam.

They told him don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your face, you better disappear
The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
So

I can see why people are upset, but death threats are just stupid... I don't recall Jesus ever saying "Love thy neighbour, and if anyone disagrees, kick 'is soddin' 'ead in!"

I completely agree. I just can't understand how you can call yourself a Christian and make death threats to anyone.

"This wine is my blood. Drink it." - Vampirism

"This bread is my flesh. Eat it." - Cannibalism

I'm just sayin'...

well, it's both symbolic cannibalism of course. you incorporate jesus' mind/strenght/wisdom by eating him, that's usually the idea behind not-starvation-induced cannibalism.

well, it's both symbolic cannibalism of course. you incorporate jesus' mind/strenght/wisdom by eating him, that's usually the idea behind not-starvation-induced cannibalism.

Exactly what an African tribe does (or did) by drinking the blood of their enemies.

Christianity encourages cannibalism .

Both have stupid people.

Muslims just have a lot more stupid people, because they are generally poorer. There are very few 1st world Muslim nations.

Its also a lot different than rioting in your own country, and killing each other, for something done halfway around the world.

There are still a lot of poor/dumb Christians as well, notably in Africa and 3rd world America (areas of bible belt states :p)

How symbolic can it stay when you fervently believe the doctrine of transubstantiation?

How symbolic can it stay when you fervently believe the doctrine of transubstantiation?

Christ is substantially present, not physically present.

The fact that you can't comprehend this is because you have a naturalist point of view, in which you equate substance with accident.

I like how a great illustration that stupidity can be found in all religions has turned into a debate about transubstantiation.

Pft, it's just another example of Catholic gibberish.

At least they have a consistent philosophy, mister moral anti-realist.

I think we need to verify that all parties acknowledge that there are those that are crazy and those that are reasonable.

I think we need to verify that all parties acknowledge that there are those that are crazy and those that are reasonable.

I'm the first to admit that there's crazies in Catholicism... But transubstantiation is quite reasonable (and harmless) as opposed to Traditionalist Catholicism, (e.g. people who think that the proper way to raise a child is the way Catholics did in the 19th century) exorcism, or that priest who thought that homosexuality is world-wide conspiracy.

Transubstantiation is just a denial of naturalism.

I think the spiritually mature thing for the people in the church to do was roll their eyes and get on with life. I fail to see how an outrage-fest gets anyone closer to God.

Jesus would not be sending death threats to this guy.

Hmm long live those generalizations,

Some guy taunts some catolics expecting to get some angry results so he can make jokes about it.
Well obviously these catolics didnt like his joke and found it very offensive, they become angry just as planned.
A few of those catolics say things which can be translated into death threats with a bit of imagination (I bet none of them actually thought about killing him, they were likely just trying to make a point in a creative and not very smart manner).
Its all very predictable. It starts getting ugly when this guy hears a few angry comments and decides that christianity is bad because of it, which is just silly. Its like thinking all people with black hair must be evil because someone with black hair recently robbed a random person, it just makes no sense.

Unfortunatly not all christians live as the bible taught them, so are these threats the fault of the bible? religion? christianity? catolicism? No, the only ones to blame are the guy with his lame joke and the ones who made the threats.

So, everyone. Please refrain from calling any group of people (christians, muslims, evolutionists, republicans, australians, stark trek fans, eskimos or civfans): idiots, freaks or lunatics jsut because one member of the group is.

Jesus is God, he wouldn't need to threaten him-he would just kill him! Except that that would kind contradict his whole 'humans have free will' thing...
Not really... As long as the disagreement was not pre-ordained by God (and that seems unlikely), then free will has been excercised. The fact that the particular act of free will lead to the individual being reduced to a pile of ash is neither here nor there. ;)

Why would he walk out with it? The bread's usually not that good.
From what I remember they are quite tasty but I guess what supplyer the church has. At one time I actually had couple of packages of those crackers at home by my computer. Ate them as snacks but I'm pretty sure they where not blessed.

Top Bottom