Hermetic lore for FFH DI4 (not for use outside this game)

Lgaard

King
REMARK: this thread is intended to be for the lore used exclusively in FFH DI4 game . This is not canonic, and therefore if you are not interested in the very game, you will not find much useful info in here.

REMARK 2: posts that follow are addresses to the gods (players playing ‘deity’ role in the game). If you are Verdian (player in this game) please do not read any further.

Heil, fellow gods!

I start this thread as a repository of quests, ideas and potential plots to be (role)played in the FFH DI4 game. Feel free to use it and add posts from your side. Describe your plans and ideas, so we can contribute or at least know what they are (unless you wish to keep them secret, of course).

The reason I start this post is that I’ve noticed some of the other DI games became eclectic and incoherent during their course, when every god pulled into own direction. Even though each of us has his/her own agenda, but some of the concepts should be common.

I discussed it with Vardian; he was happy about the idea, and promised he will not look into this thread.

Do not treat the list as something granted. Contribute to it and raise objections if you find something might be changed/improved.

Quests:
- Capture a bear! (Cernunnos) done and rewarded
- Kill and capture furs/scalps of 5 living beings failed and caused god's displeasure (Mammon)
- Explore a lair (Tali) done
- Discover writing (Oghma)
- Find the Illians (Mulcarn)
- Contact Village of mulcum (Mulcarn) done
- Develop a positive relationship with the Hippus (Esus)
- Win a Game of Somnium with the Hippus (Esus) done
- Jump into the glowing portal (Kilmorph) refused
- Defeat Baal (Agares)
- Kill or don't kill the Imp (Agares) handled
- Free up elven healer (Sucellus)
- Capture Castle Khazad (Kilmorph) done
- Plunder the Tower of Arawn (Camulus) partially done
- contact Khazad and sign open borders treaty (Khazad) done
- capture Gul'Dur and give it back to Khazad (Khazad)
- discover Exploration (done) and Map Making (Tali)

Potential plots:
- Elven war! Potentially a cease fire to develop economy. Both side will be rewarded for the blood spilled (by Camulus).
- Wildlands for use in the late game
- Tower of Arawn (Camulus and Aeron to develop the ending to this plot)
- Citadels of Oghma + Kya Kiri (or whatever her name is)
- Farland Moors: The quest will be to liberate the Lair and guard it; possibly building a city next to the lair. When this happens, the wild magic will be unleashed.
- Ered, crazed dwarf and Acheron.
- Set up Barbarian Nation in the middle of the desert. (idea by Camulus) They will act to weaken most of the normal civs in the north and west part of the world. They will also claim the mount of equilibrium.
i. They will be Dragon Worshippers and emulaters. Dragons in this world were purly weapons of war between the Gods. They too wish to fashion themselves into weapons.
ii. In the Barbarian Nation only the strong have rights.
iii. The Dragon Skeleton in the north may be used as a plot point in that the barbarians wish to raise it with death mana (views on this by other gods?)
iv. The Red Dragon to the east will be used as well. Perhaps link Ered to the Barbarain Nation with a road. (Need info on dragon lore)
- Stormkeep, guarded by a Disciple of Leucetious (Tali's plans)
- Make the Doviello decalre war on Belseraph first as this would be done solely to facilitate the Doviello’s blood lust and allow Camulus to eventually bless them when Garren meets them and Camulus can write about them narrativly.
- Camulus will probably gift Charadan to the Dovello as a unit first. Then, (if possible) change Charadan into the Dovello leader and write in a cultural revolution placing him in power with the help of Harbringers. Then lead the Dovello on a charge of war-fare through-out the world.
- The Bannor are already hating on the Dovellio so thats a crusade waiting to happen on Junil's part.
- Hell Gate will appear somewhere in the later game (Junil) (& Agares?) Proposed timing: AC related, exploration related, Hyborem spawn related.
- gods facilitating pilgrimage to the Pool of Tears (giving info? giving transportation? replacing PoT?)
- How 'bout giving Stevanson (or Paal) Fire I, so he can burn the jungle?
- Cael's revolution (Axeman with Enraged and Recruiter) along with two worker units named (Angry farmers). SO, if Cael is defeated, then Verdian will have two new worker units to help jump start the economy. However if Cael succeeds, which I doubt, then well... (Aeron)
- Use scenario lore in Mulcarn's quests

Other ideas:
- give adventurers, when they appear, the proper Racial promotions based on the list
- gods encouraged to add geographical names for flavour. Not too much, let’s give the player a chance to give some names too!
- Ways to improve a economy: Less troops. Better civics. Pillaging. Resources. Wonders. Religion. Trade.
- "Dummy civ(s)"/"Independent nation" idea proposed by Dean. Not sure if it is feasible.

Civilizations/Characters and their promotors:
- Doviello: Camulos
- Bannor: Junil
- Khazad & Luchuirp: Kilmorph
- Calabim: Aeron
- Illians: Mulcarn

- Stevanson: Camulus (& Agares?)
- Finnegan: Cernunnos and Sucellus // anti-Mammon
- Comillo:
- Paal: Agares (& Camulus?)
- Minstrel: Tali

Official Worst Enemies:
Cardith Lorda and Jonas
Mahala and Sabathiel
Garrim Gyr and Tebryn Arbandi
Cardith Lorda to Tasunke! (one direction only)
Jonas to Tya Kiri (one direction only)
Faeryl Viconia and Amalanchier

Game motto: "We are adults. At the very least, we are not children." byTheForestAuro

(I will keep the lists updated)

I started to build a story behind 2 civs: Khazad and Luchuirp.

Let’s assume the dwarves (both nations) are the refugees from ancient Kingdom, devastated by orcs and a mighty dragon. That’s why I’m adding 2 barbarian cities: Ered and Gal’Dur.

Grigori , known for their adventurers, will be asked by Khazad for help in claiming back the famous dwarven mines of Gal’Dur, and promised a solid reward. If Gerran agrees he will be given a map showing the mountain range around the city and a “secret passage”.
Spoiler :

After he receives it – I will change the appropriate peak to hills with gem mine. I will also improve the relations with Arturus to ‘friendly’.

There are basically 2 routes he may try to reach the city.
Spoiler :

Route1 leads through elven land (most probably he won’t be let in), Pristin Pass, and possibly Kuriotate land. Harsh task.

Route2 is easier (yet still dangerous) and he will most likely meet Luchuirp on his way. Luchuirp might give him another secret map, if he promises that he will grant the city back to the Luchuirp instead of Khazad. (I will change another peak to hills with gold mine).
Spoiler :

City itself is guarded by two ogres. With adventurers and helping hand from the dwarves (trebuchet? enchanted weapons? axemen?) He should be able to defeat them.

Any comments to this plan? The reason why I make it public is that you could contribute. I know Dagda is not most appropriate god to give quests. Maybe Mammon and Kilmorph or any other god could takeover?

Attachments

• Khazad map.JPG
    Khazad map.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Possible routes.JPG
    Possible routes.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,176
  • Luchuirp map.JPG
    Luchuirp map.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,167
I also motion that we give adventurers, when they appear, the proper Racial promotions based on the list Dean and I came up with?

Spoiler :
1. Branding - Female/Human - Grigori - Spoke with Trenton early in his quest to bring Danalin back into the world about the role of the Gods, Priests and Religions
o I yearn for a kingdom without gods or kings. Only men and women under none.
Promo: Inquisition
2. Melusine - Male/Human - Hippus -
o Magnadine? A fool. Everyone thinks he's great, just because he can ride a freaking pony. I don't need a horse to kill people, isn't that even more impressive?
Promo: Horselord
3. Sidhelle - Female/Elven - Ljosalfar -
o "We had trapped the thief in the corridor outside the library. 5th squad was to her left, and 2nd squad to her right. As I called on her to surrender, she reached into her backpack, which was stuffed with stolen spell scrolls, and pulled out a crystal rod. As the squad began shooting, she activated the rod. There was a blinding light and when we could see again, she was gone." --Ilnacht Vivordur, Svaltalfar 2nd Hunter Squad Leader - After action report
Promo: Elven (Racial), Perma-Dextrous (Ljosalfar) Jade Torc item
4. Carrow the Hunted - Male/Human - Doviello -
o He is an embittered mistheist, the sort of atheist who does not so much disbelieve in the gods and their agendas as personally dislike them. -- Interviewers notes penned on Carrow's Application for Citizenship
Promo: Scourge (anti-disciple), werewolf* (werewolves hated by the gods, hunted by mortals, good reason to be embittered and go to Grigori)
*Chance of starting with werewolf depends on tech level, Baron status. Horrible chance for werewolf at low techs on recon tree. At feral bond, reasonable chance. Once the Baron has been built, high chance.
5. Khord Tenhare - Male/Human - Grigori - Known Facts: Lead the War Party which cornered Stephanos, and was then killed by his own men
o To this day the Grigori travel down the length of the serpent's canyon and offer small tokens to the stone mound at its end. This is a reminder of their own failure, and the screams of Khord Tenhare are said to still echo within the canyons walls.
Promo: Loyalty, Defensive (to set apart Loyalty’s near uselessness/ease of casting)
6. Pinchete - Male/Goblin - Clan of Embers -
o "...it came at me from the deep wilderness. I cursed my carelessness as it's canines went for my throat. With brute strength did I turn him, look into his eyes and butted him into the darkness" --Recounting of Pinchete's favorite tale, How I Tamed Gral, the Greatest Mount
Promo: Orcish (racial), Animal Handling
7. Needles - Male/Human - Grigori -
o Those idiots at Aeron's Bounty? Inefficient. Wasteful. Overpriced. They're cultists masquerading as assassins. They add pomp and ceremony to what is a very simple job. Me? You pay me, and tell me who you want dead. They end up dead
Promo: Bounty Hunter, Poisoned Blade (Or some other assassin-related promo, depending on mod)
8. Bahamet the Second - Male/Human - Malakim -
o Bahamet calls it "subtlety." I call it sitting and chatting with overfed royal dandies until his enemies die of old age. --Panlupan
Promo: Nomad (Malakm civ). Scion code: The Scion minister with all the civ-effects on other cities. (Limited?)
9. Groo the Wanderer - Male/Human - Doviello - Known: Inspired by a Comic
o Now Groo does what Groo does best!
Promo: Orcish (Racial) , –safe- Burning Blood. Otherwise: Strong
10. Cabal Tenhare - Male/Human - Grigori - Known Facts: Head of the Nightwatch for the Junon, slain by Stephanos
o The streets of Junon were said to be safer during the night than during the day. Cabal Tenhare and his hundreds of pet ravens watched over the sleeping city. If any crime was commited there would be only caws, a flurry of black wings and a black cloud would descend on the criminal.
Promo: Spirit Guide, Vigilant (Orbis: Prevents espionage missions)/Sentry
11. Panlupan - Female/Human - Lanun -
o "Her idea of tact is toasting the King before setting his palace on fire." --Bahamet the Second
Promo: Boarding
12. Volanna - Female/Elven - Svartalfar -
o The Bannor always brag about how their devotion to Junil allows them to ignore pain and other irritants... I've found this 'gift' allows my poisons to go unnoticed till it is too late for even the most proficent Confessors to save them
Promo: Elven (Racial), perma-Sinister (Svartalfar), Poisoned Blade (or, if possible, equipment piece to mirror Sidhelle by mod)
13. Father Jeon - Male/Human - Bannor -
o I've come to understand a certain pattern in this life. The gods and Kings agree too often. If the King changes his mind then, miraculously, the gods seem to change theirs as well. When the time for war comes, the gods demand blood and martyrs. When the king wants to fatten himself on gold, the gods suddenly expect grand and expensive tribute. I don't know about the gods themselves, but religion is clearly an arm of the king, not the people.
Promo: Recruiter, Formation. (Play up Bannor side of Organized, something other than one-time ability.)
14. Llangru - Female/Orc - Grigori -
o The clan is strong and Bhall is stronger, but I find that working alone makes certain jobs much simpler and entertaining to complete.
Promo: Orcish (Racial), March (long journeys alone), Quest/journey item/equipment (Travelers cloak, traps in FF)
Nosamonce - Female/Human - Sheiam -
o I have learned that if there is any power in demonology, then it lay with the demons. Using it for your own purposes is like trying to beat mice to death with a rattlesnake.
Promo: Sundered (Sheaim civ trait: reflects actions already taken even though repentant), Summoner (universal Sheaim trait, near-useless UNLESS go on summon paths)
15. Bhalira - Female/Dwarven - Luchuirp -
o Some gods, like Nantosuelta and Sirona, are benevolent. Some are not. But in the end all they want is our obedience, not our well being.
Promo: Dwarven (Racial) Repair, Enchant, (Channeling 1 by default). Mainly to support catapults, support armies naturally.
16. Comillo - Male/Human - Calabim -
o Many people speak of the unique... Hunger... of the Calabim. Having lived among them long enough to share in this strange affliction I stand now as testament that it can be overcome, though the Hunger exists in all Lands, not just that of the Calabim. I speak of the Hunger for greater power over the people of Erebus... of what did you speak?
Promo: Vampire (racial), Command 1 (Same basis for Command as a Lunnotar: convincing by word/logic/truth)
17. Hamlyn Ka - Male/Dwarven - Grigori -
o Good... Bad... Maybe that Runekeeper was right after all; I'm just a traitor.
Promo: Dwarven (Racial), Homeland, Guerilla 2. A defensive dwarf with loyalty issues, with a resourcefulness/promo otherwise not available to the Grigori
18. Kimble the Quick - Male/Human - Grigori -
o "Kimble the Quick / He would take his pick / Of the gold and the silver up in Jubilee / But Perpy found out / and now the poor lout / is locked up in a tower with his lunacy!" -- Grigori children's rhyme
Promo: Steal (FF-only code?)
19. Bakabushi - Female/Human - Illian - Known Facts: Mother was Balseraph, captured in a raid
o I'm only laughing on the outside / My smile is just skin deep / If you could see inside I'm really crying / You might join me for a weep.
Promo: Winterborne (Racial), Magic Resistance

Several things:

1) I 100% support giving adventures the proper racial promotions. I do that myself in my own games.
2) As far as the dwarven kingdom, I say go for it. However, as dwarves and desert aren't really the spheres of Cernunnos, I can't do much here. I may be able to intervene on behalf of either the Ljosalfar or Kuriotates, if the Grigori take that route. Also: Myconids.
3) Golden Hammers should be limited to the player only if he helps the Luchuruip. They are artifacts of Nantosuelta, not Kilmorph.

A good idea, this thread.

I haven't got any biig plans as Agares, but I do hope that I can sway the Grigori to be - if not evil then at least a bit wicked. I plan on running a small story the first couple of updates concerning the Imp currently placed aswell as other of the Aq'qiray, which are a clan of lesser demons that have fallen from the grace of Agares. Depending on how things evolve and how Verdian reacts, I might give him some larger quests later.

Well to add my two cents. I was trying not to add any quests and instead be a reactionary God. However now i seem to have stumbled upon a desire to highlight the differences between barbarian life and civilization. How to the Barbarians their life is one of freedom and honor. There codes are personal ones forged through hardship. To them their life is more meaningful for the struggle of survival. Civilizations are a tryanical system of oppresion to them.

on the idea of adventurers getting their own promotions i agree as long as Verdian knows the lore surrounding the character. Perhaps provide a little excerpt when they are edited?

A few of my own points. These are just for clarification of other Gods. As i said Camulos will not have quests per say, just common reactions and trends.

-

Harbringers: the worshipers of war, only promoted from the best of warriors who worship Camulos and have also lost a body part to a warriors way of life.

Crazed dwarf barbarian: A Harbringer that has been added to Ered. This can be spun into a story with him merely helping the barbarians pillage and burn. Or that he has converted a handful of Dwarves to the way of Camulos as a foil to the other dwarves. this should hopefully provide a in narrative dilema to the Grigori Leader as he is allready nervous to the ways of War.

Civilizations: The Clan and the Dovello are the two civs that start of with peace with barbarians. Bhall will most likely adopt the Clan but if Mulcrum does not need the Dovello then i was planning to adopt them. keep them as a half crazed barbarian people.

Basic Physcology of Camulos: Simple yet direct. As the former God of peace he sees the world as being created purposefully wrong. His way of spreading peace was to foist everyone with a sense of equality, and a belief of not forcing their ways on others. It was a choatic peace with no need for laws as all people were mentally one. Yet now He see's this as a lie. For the mortals are not really alive unless they can seek to do their own thing. Thus they should have the right to be themselves. To push their views on others. To kill. To create relationships of strength and weakness.
Camulos then compared this realization to his own life with the Creator and realised as long as he and the other Angels did nothing but pacifistly obey then they would not be alive. Only in struggle and strife could they be real in mind and soul.

This epiphany was brought about by Gabella (sp) the first woman and supposed bride of Nemed. She created a question with no right answers for the God of Peace as she was harmful to the collective, yet deserved a right to live herself.

(Ravus Sol would like to stress that the Ideas of the God of War are not his own. He would also like to stress that he could find barely anything on the personality of Camulos in the Lore section. Thus improvised the above)

Escaped Prisoners: It is mentioned in the lore that some people have broken out of Camulos's lower vaults. I hope to build a story around this. The main two that i could find were the leader of the Shiem (can't remember his name. :crazyeye: ) and Cerdon (sp) one of the leaders of Dovello. Although Cerdon's escape is talked about as though he were released peacefully and with a purpose. Which could tie in to a story around the Dovello.

-

Any extra lore or insights anyone could throw my way would be helpful.

-

Also if you think any of this could interept a plot line developing in your head just speak up and we'll see what we can adapt.

As Lugus, I would like to take a half-reactionary god position. I will try to hurt the Vampires and reward wise decisions (from my perspective) by the Grigori. However, I will not pentalize unless quests are failed, or they ally with the Vampires.

For Tali, the Grigori are the closest race on the board to his "ideals," although how much of his favor they'll garner depends entirely on what Gerran does.

My interventions for the most part will stick to prodding Gerran into doing things that may not be the most logical decision, but are certainly going to amuse Tali.

Rewards will almost always be something designed to expand culture, since that's about the only thing Tali enjoys about civilization.

If other civilizations appear to be putting in some effort to expand their culture, Tali may reward them.

I also motion that we give adventurers, when they appear, the proper Racial promotions based on the list Dean and I came up with?-snip-
I'd just like to add that changes to the list are welcome. The general idea was for one racial promotion and, if applicable, a civ-specific promotion applicable for where they immigrated from if they immigrated. Generally two of the three: racial, civ-specific, and then another appropriate one if only one applied.

A good idea, this thread.

I haven't got any biig plans as Agares, but I do hope that I can sway the Grigori to be - if not evil then at least a bit wicked. I plan on running a small story the first couple of updates concerning the Imp currently placed aswell as other of the Aq'qiray, which are a clan of lesser demons that have fallen from the grace of Agares. Depending on how things evolve and how Verdian reacts, I might give him some larger quests later.
As Mammon, I aim to corrupt him in terms of Greed. I don't much care to share, so it won't necessarily depend on wickedness. In fact, righteousness can serve as an excellent justification for pursuing my agenda.

My goal is going to be to push him towards a conquest victory: I want it all, and if I can push everything into the control of a few people, and then one person who worships me even unknowingly, I consider it having won.

In translation: I'm going to push him towards conquest. I'm also going to favor others as well: financial civs, and especially the Bannor, will be aided by me, while others will be harmed, so that the rich can expand and grow richer, and the poor ground into dust. I may even add in the Bazarr of Mammon at one point, to give an AI an early economic lead.

If I do become Kilmorph, I'd reward the player for hard work (IE, having lots of improvements, etc.) and punish him for laziness (no new cities, etc.). Good relations with the Dwarves and any nation that chooses to follow RoK will be rewarded. The nation with the most gold by turn 100 will be rewarded by me, as they have worked hard. Most rewards or punishments will be in the form of the land-Hard work will mean deserts becoming fertile and peaks becoming hills, while laziness will be punished with volcanoes, deserts, and rivers drying up.

If my request goes through to become Aeron, I would like to develope something around the two warring elven states and, being Angel of Hate, increase the hostilities.

Will you adopt the Vampires? I am unsure of the lore but weren't the Vampires born (or spawned) by the will of Aeron? Can't remember where exactly i read it but i think it was that Gabella was created in form by Aeron and that he wished to mate with her to create the ultimate form. But she escaped and instead mated with someone else. Gave birth to the twins, Alexis and Flauros. And then somehow she or they murdered a follower of Lugus to gain more power. (explaining why the sun god hates vampires even though in Erebus vampires arn't weak to sunlight)

Anyone else know the original lore better on this bit?

-

But apart from that as the God of Hate you will promote... vendetta's? The idea of ultimate vengence? is that the right way to look at it?

-

Edit:

If I do become Kilmorph, I'd reward the player for hard work (IE, having lots of improvements, etc.) and punish him for laziness (no new cities, etc.). Good relations with the Dwarves and any nation that chooses to follow RoK will be rewarded. The nation with the most gold by turn 100 will be rewarded by me, as they have worked hard. Most rewards or punishments will be in the form of the land-Hard work will mean deserts becoming fertile and peaks becoming hills, while laziness will be punished with volcanoes, deserts, and rivers drying up.

Sounds like a good way to handle Kilmorph. Especially the reward and punishment scheme being done via the land itself.

Did you read the first few posts by Lgaard on the Dwarven civilization sub-quest that seems to have evolved? As one of the main dwarven Gods you are in prime position to add to this or even take over if you wanted.

-

Also to Duc, What are you planning to do when someone founds Empryean?

Will you adopt the Vampires? I am unsure of the lore but weren't the Vampires born (or spawned) by the will of Aeron? Can't remember where exactly i read it but i think it was that Gabella was created in form by Aeron and that he wished to mate with her to create the ultimate form. But she escaped and instead mated with someone else. Gave birth to the twins, Alexis and Flauros. And then somehow she or they murdered a follower of Lugus to gain more power. (explaining why the sun god hates vampires even though in Erebus vampires arn't weak to sunlight)

Anyone else know the original lore better on this bit?

-

your first bit is pretty much right... Aeron tried to rape Gabella to create the essence of physical perfection, but she escaped by the One's intervention. (pretty much minutes before he left... actually, Junil might have also intervened)

Gabella was brought to the Bair of Lacuna at some point by Ceridwen, and taught magic and all that. she would leave it occasionally to wander and explore, and see the world. on one of these trips, she found two twins and adopted and brought them back with her (arguably, those two are the last things Gabella loved)

The twins lived in the Bair with her, growing older, and slowly coming to fear death. both were already powerful mages, having learned everything from Gabella, and they came across some rituals (probably very closely related to those that the Sidar use to prolong thier life, except that the souls consumed would be anothers, not thier own.) The first soul they consumed was one of a disciple of Esus, and he cursed vampires for evermore (unless they truly repent... which would involve forsaking the ritual and becoming mortal again)

I'm having trouble remembering HOW the twins came to be followers of Aeron, but they did at some point, and this was considered by Gabella the worst treason ever, and is possibly the reason she began to truly seek death.

Sounds like a good way to handle Kilmorph. Especially the reward and punishment scheme being done via the land itself.

Did you read the first few posts by Lgaard on the Dwarven civilization sub-quest that seems to have evolved? As one of the main dwarven Gods you are in prime position to add to this or even take over if you wanted.

I'd love to take over, but only if the original founder of the idea doesn't mind. In any case, I will definitely use his advice for this quest.

As for the land rewards/punishments, it only makes sense. ;) Maybe also spawn some Earth Mana nodes, gems, gold, or other minerals... The possibilities are endless!

EDIT: I'm not an expert on lore (yet... When I get more time, I'll hit the Pedia. All I know right now is from the 60% of pages that I've read, and it's been a while. I do know quite a bit, though.) so if someone can help me with this question: As the Earth Mother, which of the Dwarves would I support?

Hm, since permanent alliances are in the game, what are the odds of me trying to unite the two nations?

Top Bottom