1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes IV

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Caldasar, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Caldasar

Caldasar The Stoneman or LoqDoc

I started this thread because i couldn`t see another thread for this GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought it and has already played for over 20 hrs..... Anyone else who has the game?????

2. Caldasar

And maybe we can make a clan for the forthcoming multiplayer.... :)

3. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

I talked about that game already in another thred :) with jedi outcast. I got those games a while ago. Now I'm bored with it already :)
    Currently "testing" other exciting games. Dungeon siege, might and magi 9 and... Arx Fatalis.

4. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Read his title and you will understand him completely. Don't let his boredom ruin the game for you....he just has too many of them!

5. Caldasar

I know... U can`t play 10 games at the time....... Heroes IV is GREAT if u just plays it a while so u can get into it.....

6. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

hehe... count me in. :D I have finished the Life (Lysander) and Death (Half-Dead) campaigns already. That's 10 maps!!

The Heroes4 MP patch is coming out next week! We should play some MP Caldasar. :)

7. Caldasar

Let us do that... And please tell me when u are finished with them all......

8. Caldasar

Isn`t it anyone who is playing it?

9. Thunderfall

We might never see MP. :( :cry:
    ============

copy/paste from
    http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/

Major Layoffs at New World Computing

19:26 PST - Angelspit
    In a stunning development this evening, Celestial Heavens learned that nearly two thirds of New World Computing's staff was layed off today. In a move that one business resource called a "...the start of a death spiral, if accurate...", most of the Might and Magic team, all but one of the Heroes 4 lead designers, and key members of the management team could "either move to San Francisco to work on 3DO titles, with no moving expenses paid, and a maximum allowed time for the move of 2 weeks (which must come out of accrued vacation time), or they could accept a month's severance pay."

According to our confidential source, "most of the Might and Magic team was laid off, as were Jeff Blattner (the General Manager), David Mullich (Director of Heroes 3-4), Keith Francart (Director of Might and Magic 6-9), most of the artists including the art director Heroes 4, and 4 of the 5 level designers for Heroes 4."

The terms of the "move-in-two-weeks-at-your-own-expense" severance option, if correct, allows 3DO to "technically" keep a promise made earlier this year that "employees who contributed to the shipping of Might and Magic IX and Heroes IV will not be the target of lay offs."

Jennifer "Maranthea" Bullard, Assistant Designer for Heroes IV, and one of the most enthuriastic supporters in many forums, was also the target of these measures. She had the following to say:
    "Unfortunately, 3DO's troubles continue and they had to layoff more people. This time I was one of them. (...) I do not know their future ideas and plans, but wish them well. Working at New World Computing was one of the best work experiences I've had to date and will miss all of the people there. I have to say working on the Heroes product and having the opportunity to interact with its loyal fan base was a lot of fun."
    This is a very discouraging story, coming just as 3DO appeared on the verge of achieving a real turnaround in their financial and business situation. Heroes 4 and Might and Magic 9 had been reviewed by many as exceptional titles that were severely hurt by a series of bugs and errors that we all expected would be resolved. Staff reductions this deep, if confirmed, can only make those needed patches unlikely, or delayed. Further, according to business experts we contacted, "... if the cuts really are this deep, especially in the development side of the house, 3DO has clearly signaled that 3DO has made the difficult business decision that the Heroes and Might and Magic lines are no longer viable in their current business model."

Obviously this story is still evolving. We sincerely hope that the clear light of morning shows the "2/3" figure is a horrible overstatement. Yet ... Blatner, Bullard, Mullich and Francart ... that would be a tremendous loss to gamers. Stay tuned.
    - Angelspit and Vox Clamant

10. Lucky

Lucky Game- and Quizmaster

I have played Heroes 3 and liked it a lot and I will buy nr. 4 soon. Have to check whether my native language version is out! :scan:

Btw, TF you might want to correct your signature.
    If you refer to a quote from a Heroes 4 campaign you should write IV, too. ;)

Never heard of a Heroes VI (6).
    :D

11. damunzy

:lol: busting out the big man, he got you Tf.

It must be bad over there if they are cutting 2/3 of the employees and to give them only 2 weeks to move....that is basically saying that we don't want you. I would a little miffed about that. Atleast the are giving one month's severence.

12. Thunderfall

oops! stupid stupid me. :D

13. Caldasar

Seriously?????? That`s moderf**kings BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

14. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

Well you can thank NWC, TF. Otherwise you would have got a great spanking in MP. By me :D

15. Caldasar

hehe... If it comes we`ll see... :)

16. damunzy

Just read a review of Heroes4, 2 1/2 stars from CGW. Ouch.

17. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

Hack the site, fireball the reviewer. Throw his ashes in the desert.