Heroes of Hopeville

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Nukeknockout, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Mission adjourned. Next mission will take place on Saturday at 6PM, and will consist solely of the fight against the Justice League of America.

2. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

2 SP banked. Now have 7 total.

3. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

My nieces just showed up to spend the night. As I can't guarantee my presence at any one point of tonight, mission postponed.

4. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

SP Spending
    7 SP
    -2 SP (Archangel Armor Upgrade (2 SP): Straight from XCOM's R&D department, allows flight at up to 80 MPH (GM Confirmed))
    -2 SP (+2 STR)
    -1 SP (+1 CHA)
    2 SP saved

5. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

So, Nuke, is this officially on hiatus until spring or are you going to do some missions before this month ends?

So this isn't just a junk post, here's some pics of Alice in LH's XCOM game a few weeks back

Spoiler :

(Not exactly what she looks like in my mind, but still cool nevertheless)

6. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Hey - no, this isn't on hiatus. I've been busy over the past two weeks, and I haven't made time to get on CFC. Next mission should be Saturday, with that mission being a large battle against the Justice League (Which may go under a redesign to make them, well, beatable).

Very cool.

7. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

Thanks. :p

8. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

/Assumed this was dead/
    /Was going to start Metherac/
    /Sees that it is not/
    /Sighs/ :rolleyes:

DT
    Christmas Smileys! :D

9. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Results of last mission:

Justice League of America has been defeated! +2SP for all characters.

Atlantic Aquanaut has vanished!
    Independence Man is convalescing in Hopeville Medical.
    Captain Cool is convalescing in Hopeville Medical.
    Robin is convalescing in Your State-Approved Hospital.
    American Girl is on a shopping spree!

Mission rewards: 5SP for Synapse, Neckbeard, Nashiru, Desperado, Paragon, and Alice

Today's date: Morning July 28th.

Yesterday, the Justice League of America and the Justice Guild of Hopeville co-operated to take on the mighty supervillain Pimpoleon, resulting in the entire Justice League and two members of the Justice Guild being taken down.

Justice Guild Statement:
    "The fight against Pimpoleon was hell on Earth, no other way to describe it. The guy was faster than me, smarter than Synapse, & stronger than Paragon. He used his glasses to reflect Nash’s sonic blasts & lasers, & his bling proved impenetrable to both Robin’s machine pistols & Desperado’s sniper rounds. He seemed to be immune to indirect damage & attacks designed to disable, not appearing to take any effect from my weird beard or Al’s flashbangs. He redirected all of American Girl’s chain reactions, utterly destroying the combat area. Even Aquanaut was of no help; with a twirl of his pimp cane, he turned all the sharks against us.
    We got a few hits in, and after a long, grueling round of combat, finally seemed to be doing some damage, but then Pimpoleon’s cane flashed red, and he looked stronger than ever. Just as we were preparing for round two, he activated his mind ray. Half the group started attacking on another, and before the rest of us could return them to their senses, the Justice League was unconscious & Pimpoleon had escaped in his flying pimpcycle."

Notes:
    (Alice) The Justice Guild must stop opposing the Amazonian Order by August 10th to complete your quest.
    (Alice) On August 10th, the Amazonian Order will attempt to eliminate the Freedom Star. Should the Freedom Star remain operational under the command of Ronald Reagan through the evening of August 11th, all will be lost.
    (Nashiru) The scorpion alien is at the zoo. It could be a powerful ally requesting aid...or a dangerous enemy attempting to trick you into letting it go.
    (Nashiru) The navigation core you recovered from the Shuveni wreck has begun beeping of its own accord. You suspect it has determined its home ship is destroyed and is attempting to contact another Shuveni vessel.
    (Neckbeard) You've received a get well card and flowers! They're from "Ms. Stasnimoda" and specify that you will meet again.
    (Desperado) You've received a death threat! It's from a "Mr. Burcheskchi" of "900 Industrial Park, Industrial District, Top Star Complex".
    (Paragon) You've received a mysterious letter.

Next mission will be Sunday the 22nd or Saturday the 28th at 6 PM and deal with the aftermath of the defeat of the Justice League. I now have a definite date for when I will be unable to host further missions: January 12. Until then, I may or may not have missions on Saturdays.

10. KaiserElectric

When do you think your hiatus would be over?

11. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

I cannot say at this time. It will be a minimum of four weeks, a maximum of four months starting January 12.

12. Kinich-Ahau

Kinich-Ahau #JustGoomyThings

Took Deadly Dodging (6 SP): If an enemy attempts a melee attack against Neckbeard & misses, they take 1/4 of the damage they would have inflicted, so long as DEX doesn't fall below 8

13. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Heroes of Hopeville will resume on July 5th, 2014. I am considering a rebalance of all existing statistics, feats, and abilities - certainly, most NPCs will be rebalanced at the absolute minimum.

Two changes are certain: The no-killing rule is now gone. The hero rule now demands that characters act in whatever fashion they believe is best for the city and people of Hopeville and their players successfully justify that to me if I call them on it (Adherence to traditional superhero tropes such as nonlethal will not be called out).

Tactical Nuclear Weapons (NATO and PACT models) now apply a penalty to earned points if used. Accordingly, their existence in missions will be made obvious.

14. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

A certain sniper with psychic powers just became very, very happy.

15. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Totally willing to keep playing this.

16. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

A certain machinegunner without psionic powers is also very happy :p

17. KaiserElectric

Mustard!

18. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

After a spirited round of internal testing, a preliminary, yet intentionally incomplete, rebalancing report. I have already removed any information based on characters not yet met and eliminated anything I want to be a surprise. Leave the spoiler tags closed if you don't want a tiny peak at the inner workings.

NPCS:

Spoiler :
    Most generic NPCs have lost large amounts of HP - in general, anyone who doesn't have military training and armor has 0 HP, and anyone who did has half as many HP as they did before.

The NPC "Combat Proficiency" feat has been halved in effect (+4 Def +4 to-hit Immunity to effects which cause Fear -> +2 Def +2 to-hit Immunity to effects which cause Fear). This applies across all NPCs with that feat.

Generic mooks reduced to 0HP, with the exception of Regulars who have 5HP.

Regular grenades no longer reduce DEX.

USSR:

Spoiler :
    Spetznaz Commandoes have lost 15HP, and now only have two actions. The combined damage effect of sustained Tihar fire on the same target has been eliminated - now there is only an accuracy increase when Commandoes attack the same target. Sticky Grenades are now properly classed as Short Range weapons - before, a Commando could theoretically use Sticky Grenades in a sniper duel.

Spetznaz Containment DR has been reduced to 1/10 from 3/10. Overall Hatchet damage reduced. No longer gains +15 Melee Defense from Defend action - it is now inherent to the character, resulting in +19 Melee Defense by virtue of existing (Before, was possible for Containment to get +34 Melee Defense and still perform a melee attack, rendering fighting them hand to hand completely pointless instead of mostly pointless.) Spetznaz Containment no longer have the Combat Proficiency feat - their Defense is crazy enough!

Red Victory's HP reduced by 20. Given the ability to summon tame bear cavalry, demoralization ability reworked.

Suka Clone passive friendly buff ability removed. Overall damage incease.

Koroleva Suka has been tabled to be addressed another day.

Language of BTR-D abilities cleaned up, two armor modules added. Explicitly granted ability to summon airstrikes and paratroopers instead of merely listing communication range. Crew listed as Regulars. Patriotic Cry ability maximum range removed.

BMD-1 IFV ammunition hit no longer instantly destroys the vehicle - instead, it halves the rate of fire. BMD-1 now spawns Spetznaz Commandoes instead of Regulars. BMD-1 crew now listed as Regulars, not Bruisers. BMD-1 ATGM accuracy greatly increased, now classed as long range weapon and given poly-damage effect to increase chances against proper tanks. BMD-1 now classed as "BTR-D summon" - encounters with BMD-1 always indicate BTR-D presence.

Mi-24 Hind properly classed as a boss battle. Variant numbers reduced to two.

Unique Mil Mi-4M Hound created for BTR-D summon. Quick, lightly armored and capable of lots of suppressive fire but primarily an infantry transport.

Unique SU-7BKL created for BTR-D summon. Capable of attacking most targets equally effectively, especially dangerous to ground forces.

19. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

I will be returning as Chloe, but plan to choose a new character once her arc is finished.

20. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Additonal mechanical changes:

Conspiracy:

Spoiler :
    Amazon Sniper's accuracy reduced, overall damage increased, defense reduced, lost Combat Reflexes II feat.

Amazon Support Trooper HP reduced.

Amazon Witch classed as Dragon.

Streak's DEX debuff increased, movement rate increased. Moved to Amazon unit list.

Rocketeer's pistol removed, RPG-7 accuracy greatly reduced, grenades and combat knives buffed. Classed as Dragon. Moved to Amazon unit list.

Maryna Janelyn HP reduced. Moved to Amazon unit list.

Amazons given Mi-24D variant. Amazons given Ural 375D variant.

Hex's rifle accuracy and overall damage reduced, if he ever gets out of the Hall of Justice. Moved to Black Candle unit list, classed as incarcerated.

Black Candle Ninja classed as Dragon when fighting alone.

Black Candle Assault Trooper HP reduced.

Black Candle Death Trooper HP reduced, sniper rifle removed. Overall damage reduced.

Black Candle Crazy Suicide Bomber HP reduced, dynamite and proximity mines removed. Melee attack removed. Explosive to-hit increased. DEX reduced.

Black Candle given UAZ-469 variant. Black Candle given Skyranger Gunship variant.

USA:

Spoiler :
    USA given Kirk corvette.

USSR:

Spoiler :
    Stats applied to SU-33ET.

Desperado:

Spoiler :
    Medkit now heals 10HP and is unaffected by WIS modifiers or randomness. Steyr SSG-X1 damage changed to 28 +WIS, otherwise unaltered. M1911 pistol effects changed to:

M1911 Pistol (5 + [WIS], [AIM] to-hit, Short-range)

Archangel Armor upgrade now grants 1.3km flight ceiling, potential upgrades for higher or space or whatever.

Combat Knife: (4+ [STR], [DEX] to-hit, melee).

Hand Grenade: (20 + [WIS], [AIM] to-hit, -4 INT -2 WIS vehicle-killer short-range.)

Flashbang grenade: ([AIM] to-hit, -4 AIM)

Alien Hunter bonus changed to: (+2 to-hit, ignores DR.) Now applies against every character Sam can justify to me that Desperado would genuinely believe is an alien, in-character. Propagated to all NPC XCOM and Ex-XCOM characters.

Cost of Set-Up reduced by 2SP, SP refunded to Desperado.

Upgraded Drop Shield cost reduced to 2SP.

Nashiru:

Spoiler :
    Biological Vigor heals 15HP instead of 8-10. Nashiru DR altered to 1/10, not 1/7.

Nashiru deemed under-charged for present capabilities under new model, 4SP removed.

Nashiru given Repaired Shuyeni Scout Ship (Can be renamed, potentially improved through further expenditure, wealth checks, mission salvage. Not replaced if destroyed. Stats forwarded to KaiserElectric. This is not a bonus - this is a plot coupon. If destroyed, resolving Nashiru's character arc as implied by her backstory will be much harder if it is even possible.)

Synapse:

Spoiler :
    I am uncertain what to do with Synapse. Her primary problem is that there is very little for her to spend SP on within the constraints of her character. But what I can do, is this:

Cost of Psychic Analysis increased by 2SP. Cost of Psi Stealth increased by 2SP. Cost of Illusions reduced by 1SP. Net: -3SP.

Otherwise, Synapse is actually balanced. I would be harsher if she could do anything that is not Psi abilities (And her abilities were not primarily offensive) but at present she performs her role without rendering the rest of the team obsolete or potentially curb-stomping bosses for minimal SP expenditure.

Neckbeard:

Spoiler :
    Neckbeard Medkits now heal 5HP, no more randomness.

Confusion Fu upgrade 1 cost set to 1SP.

Pimped Out Shoes Upgrade 1 cost reduced to 5SP.

Bullying a Dragon cost increased to 6SP, Bullying a Dragon Upgrade 1 cost reduced to 2SP. Now only works on Dragon-class opponents (For the heck of it).

Fascinating Eyebrow cost set to 1SP, does not work on Dragon-class opponents.

I hesitate to say this with too much confidence, but Neckbeard is pretty well balanced. Unsuited for most of the boss battles which are coming up, but extremely competent at cleaning up regular order opponents.

Alice:

Spoiler :
    Third Wind HP regain set to 8HP.

Disabling Shot now permits Alice to choose which weapon she wants to try and take out.

Flashbangs now deal -4 AIM.