Heroes of Hopeville

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Nukeknockout, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Alright, I'm finished with all balance changes I feel the need to state. I also have a timeline for the events of the next two IC weeks and a list of missions available to the players (Highly mutable).

I think I'm altering the mission structure - we are no longer guaranteed to meet on Saturdays. Instead, as players group to perform actions essential to their characters, we will meet at times convenient for those players.

Group missions are things that are so important the entire Justice Guild should participate - imminent threats to Hopeville, the Freedom Star situation that's developing which should involve every player, and this week's upcoming mission which is going to be mostly RP but also demonstrate the beginning of the endgame.

2. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

With the two extra SP from reducing Set-Up's cost, had 4 SP sitting around. Upgraded Drop Shield purchased, and increased the damage it absorbs to 40 HP

3. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I suppose I need to re-familiarize myself with my character in this AC.

Nuke is there anything I should know from your notes that wouldn't be in this thread? Its been a long time to remember all the little details.

4. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

According to my notes, Patriot was an excessively violent and sadistic member of the JGH, becoming unpredictable and disruptive enough that three factions have designated him as "KOS" amd are organizing squads of assassins. Additionally, at least two organizations he has yet to identify have been messing with him (But given the long arms of NATO and the USSR, it's safe to keep them high on the list of suspects). So far as he knows, the USA contacted him with a "Lieutenant MacMillan" and requested he kill the mayor of Hopeville. Additionally, he's made some inroads with Hopeville's gang population and more or less brokered an uneasy truce between them and Hopeville's law enforcement.

Where Patriot chooses to take this depends on Patriot.

5. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Ah, the gang mission was the one I was failing to recall. What was the deal I brokered exactly?

6. Kinich-Ahau

Kinich-Ahau #JustGoomyThings

Current SP: 1
    Took:
    • Fragile Speedster (+7 SP): Attacks which can cause a secondary stat loss may do so regardless of Neckbeard's current HP
    New SP: 8
    Took:
    • Confusion Fu (4 SP): +3 to Hit Chance and Evasion, so long as DEX doesn't fall below 8
    • Confusion Fu upgrade 1 (1 SP): +5 to Hit Chance and Evasion, so long as DEX doesn't fall below 8
    • Too Kinky to Torture (3 SP): Triggers an opposed CHA roll whenever Neckbeard is exposed to a stat-lowering effect, succeeding inverts the effect. Bonus stats dissipate at the end of the encounter. Stops functioning if CHA drops below 8.

7. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Heroes of Hopeville mission will be tomorrow at 6, not tonight fifteen minutes ago. My apologies for the delay in updating you guys.

8. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I work until 7, so I may show up around 8 or so if it is still ongoing.

9. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Last night's mission was amazing!

Notable events:
    Paragon has left the team!
    Maryna Janelyn has told Neckbeard where she left his family! (And Ambassador Soytseyva has promised to return his father if he at least hospitalizes Fidel Castro.)
    Desperado has learned the location of an XCOM base and why they haven't contacted him!
    Synapse knows the greater Soviet plan for Hopeville, and most of the rest of the team can piece aspects of it together!
    Nashiru has repaired her ship! (Unfortunately, we couldn't do much with Nashiru last night. This will change.)
    Alice-

"This is Crystal Carson, interrupting this broadcast for a special news bulletin. The man who we all assume was the Mayor of Hopeville has been found dead in his chambers! Sources indicate his throat was cut with some kind of sharp implement, not unlike a pair of scissors.

Some rabble rousers will say this was a clear assassination, but it is this reporter's opinion, based on the files found on the Mayor's computers, that this was suicide over a struggle between his sexual identity and what he believed his identity should be.

As per our tradition, on the first day of the next month we will hold an arena match to be the next mayor. All contestants will be given a knife, and whoever stays in the arena the longest will be the new mayor of Hopeville! If you want to participate, simply be a Cuban citizen and apply at Hopeville Tower, listing previous examples of your tolerance for pain."

Yes, that.

(Nashiru) You can probably combine the computer core you salvaged earlier with the ship you have now. It could potentially give you quite a bit of data.
    (Desperado) There is an XCOM base located beneath the Presidential Palace on Tropico - Carla Rodriguez is there. You have been openly encouraged by both Steve Ravusson and Sean MacLeary to bring backup.
    (Alice) Hex has given you a small device! With it, you can control turrets and other remote objects manufactured by Kronos Security Subsidies, a front for Black Candle. At a minimum, the turrets will view you as friendly no matter what you do to them.
    (Alice) You're pretty sure Koroleva Suka was telling the truth and she has no idea how she got her powers or anything about Iblis. You're not sure where to go from here - perhaps more information will surface in the future.
    (Neckbeard) Maryna Janelyn has revealed where she dropped your parents off on the coast of Haiti, not far from an American naval base. You can go there to search for your parents - or you can assassinate Fidel Castro. Soytseyva seems like the type to keep her word.
    (Synapse) You know the overall gist of the Soviet plan - bring down the Freedom Star, use their starship to destroy the alien invaders, "liberate" the whole world. You suspect there are some details you don't possess because Koroleva Suka didn't know them, but it would be possible to support the Soviet plan with this level of knowledge.

The date is July 29th.

Alice, Neckbeard, Desperado, Synapse, and Nashiru all gain 5SP.

New characters created at this juncture start with 115SP, 18AP and must be vetted by me to ensure they have a close connection with the plot(s). The potential also exists for a player seeking a character to take over an NPC.

10. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

;-;

Holding onto the SP for the moment while I think of a feat or feat improvement.

So, gents, who wants to go to Tropico?

11. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I have to wait until August 4th (in game) to assassinate Castro, so I have no reason not to go if Desperado asks

12. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Wayne doesn't happen to be a Cuban citizen does he? If he is, I would like to enter the contest for mayor.

Will hopefully make future missions. Will they all be at 6, or will some be later so I can make them even on days I work?

13. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

None of you are Cuban citizens, last I checked. But I'm sure the officials will overlook that detail for a sufficient bribe.

Currently, they are all set to be at 6PM because that's convenient for most of us - I can personally afford to push them later, but Hopeville tends to run late under any circumstance. Next one is definitely Saturday. The 12th, I believe.

14. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Works for me. And would that be Tropico, or do I need to separately schedule that?

15. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Tropico/Haiti/assassinating Castro/anything outside Hopeville needs to be scheduled - if you guys do nothing, this Saturday we will showcase August 1st and the Mayoral competition.

16. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

What day works for you for Tropico, then?

17. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Snyaspe realistically could be a naturalized Cuban citizen considering she spent most of her life in that nation. No one else should be a citizen, from my understanding of the backgrounds

18. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Any day of this week. I recommend coordinating with anyone you want to bring with you, and deciding officially what IC day you're going on - July 29th, 30th, or the 31st.

Same advice to Kinich for Haiti.

Point for Synapse - she just doesn't qualify for other reasons (Inability to speak or hold a knife, technically not being allowed in the building where she'd apply for the thing.)

19. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Megs, Lec, Kinich, Red, and anyone else who wants to come, I'll ask you later, but gonna need a list of days that work for you.

20. Kinich-Ahau

Kinich-Ahau #JustGoomyThings

Not Thursday or Monday.