Heroes of the Aegean no longer show up in Scenario list

Fistleaf

Warlord
Mine is the Epic version. The DLC shows as "in my library" in the Epic launcher, but is not available in the scenario list. It used to be there.

Are you running the game through the Epic launcher?

I tried launching game with the epic launcher and without the epic launcher, the DLC is still missing. IIRC, the DLC was available before the latest update #91.

I retested by launching from epic launcher, it works now, DLC is available.
If I don't launch by epic launcher, there is no DLC and also no Hatti civilization to choose from in new game.

Okay, that's as expected. With Epic and Steam, you have to use the launcher to have access to the DLC. We don't want to prohibit running the game directly, but there's no easy way for us to also correctly enable DLC if you run it directly.

GOG is different, it's built with the idea of launchers being optional so the GOG version has working DLC even if you run the game directly.

If I start a new game using the Epic launcher to enable DLC and Hatti, and then create a save file, is it possible to skip the launcher and launch directly from the exe to continue play from the save file without losing the DLC features?

I suspect that might be possible, give it a try and let us know!

Ok, I saved a game with the Hittites, closed Epic launcher, then launched directly from the exe. Seems to work.
Although if there is any DLC event that requires the Epic launcher to trigger, I wouldn't be able to tell.

There are no events that check for DLC at this point. If such events do get added, they will pretty certainly not work without the launcher, except for the GOG version.

Top Bottom