Heroes of the Three Kingdoms

epicss

Warlord
This mod contains 15 Civilizations, 139 Heroes and 16 Unique Wonders of the Three Kingdoms period in China 18 century ago. V18 also add 3 Daimyos from Sengoku period.
Each Civilization has 3 UA, 4 UU/UB/UI, and at least 9 Heroes Units. You can select Custom Game to see all these Uniques at game setup.

Heroes

Heroes can upgrade 5 levels and at upgrade they may receive free promotions. Some promotions make them stronger at combat, while others give the ability to work like a worker, build a Great Person Improvement or commit a Great Person Mission. Some strong heroes even have Artifacts, which make them very powerful. Heroes will bring extra Unhappiness, and when the country is Unhappiness, their Might and Wisdom will be reduced.

A hero will join you when you finish some National Wonder or some Unique Wonder. So smaller civilizations focused on growth tend to have more heroes in early game.

Hero can revive automaticly 10 turns after killed in combat, as long as the player is alive.

Wonders
A Unique Wonder can only be built by a specific civilization and provides some special bonus. Each unique wonder represents a historic wonder or event in the Three Kingdoms period, and a Chinese poetry is added as quote for each unique wonder.

There are some new National Wonders that strengthen Heroes and Hero Skills/Stratagems.

For each world wonder you complete, you gain 1 point of fame, which can be spent in the tavern to hire Heroes of other warlords. The stronger heroes are more expensive.

Artifacts and Hero Skills/Stratagems
There are 6 classes of Artifacts: Horses,Swords, Polearms, Bows, Throwing weapons and Books.

Each type of artifact will active some hero skill or stratagems. A Hero Skill can damage multiple units, and a hero stratagem can weaken units, making them crippled like burning or confused. There is a cooldown for each Skill/Stratagem, after each use, you need to wait a few turn before the skill cooldown.

Heroes can get new artifact or free experience by destroying Great Person Improvements.

Some Hero have Specialty that strengthen their Skill/Stratagems. Heroes can gain Hero Promotion after Blitz or Logistics.

New Features(V22)
V22 brings Chinese Great Works and many more BNW new features.
V21 support Brave New World.
V18 add 3 Sengoku period Daimyos: Tokugawa Ieyasu, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga.

Dependencies
This mod requires Gods and Kings and Brave New World, other DLCs are not needed. Only support Simplified Chinese and English Languages.
Can work with Ingame editor or Info Addict

V22 contains 2 mod packs, Wonder Splash Pack contains some art works that are optional:
Heroes of the Three Kingdoms (v 22).civ5mod
Heroes of the Three Kingdoms Wonder Splash Pack (v 4).civ5mod

Installations
Thanks to xxhe, you can find this mod on steam:
Heroes of the Three Kingdoms:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106384085

Heroes of the Three Kingdoms Wonder Splash Pack(Optional):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106384884

Or you can download the civ5mod file from this thread, and put it in this folder:
My Document\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\
Then start Civ5, select MOD in main menu, wait for half a minute and Civ5 will install the mod automaticly.
Now you will see Heroes of Three Kingdoms(V22) and Heroes of the Three Kingdoms Wonder Splash Pack (v 4) in your mod list, check the green checkbox and play.

Credits
Thanks to xxhe and the History of Three Kingdoms Team, and all players who joins the beta testing to make this MOD better.
And thanks for KOEI, who create the great Three Kingdoms games, this mod use some artworks from these games.

Screenshots
Hero Xiahou_Dun using skill Whirlwind
whirlwind_xiahou_dun.jpg

Loading screen for Warolrd Liu Bei
loading_liu_bei.jpg

Civilopedia homepage modified by this mod
peida_homepage.jpg

Civilopedia page for warlord Sun Quan
peida_sun_quan.jpg

Civilopedia page for Hero Ma Chao
peida_ma_chao.jpg

Tavern for Liu Bei
tarven_liu_bei_en.jpg

Attachments

• v22.part1.rar
    9.5 MB · Views: 1,544
  • v22.part2.rar
    9.5 MB · Views: 1,412
  • v22.part3.rar
    9.1 MB · Views: 1,443
Before I forget to post I'm going to mention that the Battle of Red Cliffs scenario is displaying as TXT_KEY.

An awesome mod.
But i notice my new-born general in late game is super useless since they got only 6ATK.

An awesome mod.
But i notice my new-born general in late game is super useless since they got only 6ATK.

They should auto-upgrade to higher levels at the next turn start when you have the pre-require tech
but there is a known bug of auto-upgrade, please replace the following lua file in the LUA dir
View attachment T3KEvents.zip
hope this fix the problem:D

Awesome mod.

Am I the only guy who has trouble playing this?
Around turn 70-100, it freezes every time I play the mod.

My setting :
smallest map, either customized scenario or default one, English language, low graphics

PC: 3core AMD 2800, Radeon 5770, 4GB memory

Hello epicss, will your mod run alongside with balancing mods? Does it replace vanilla civs or just add to them? Are there changes to the tech tree or you added your stuff to existing techs?

Thanks

Hello epicss, will your mod run alongside with balancing mods? Does it replace vanilla civs or just add to them? Are there changes to the tech tree or you added your stuff to existing techs?

Thanks

I add new civs and disable all existing civs.

This mod work fine with ingame editor, but I have not done enough testing on other balancing mods, it's quite likely to conflict with some mods, since I changed a lot of stuff.

No change to the tech tree except I add two new AI bonus tech to grant them free building and heroes.

can you attach a save five before crash, I'll check it

I attach one here.
I am trying to narrow out the problem but it happens in so many different situations.
I am sure it happens around 65-77 turn (I played til turn 107 once but only once).
It happens while I played with/without other mod(it does not matter).
I tried both English and Japanese language settings.
Of course tried uninstall & install, and verify integrity of game chache option.

epicss, I am big fun of your Mod and romance of three kingdom.
I like to say thank you for making such a great MOD.
I am looking forward to play your mod.

I attach one here.
I am trying to narrow out the problem but it happens in so many different situations.
I am sure it happens around 65-77 turn (I played til turn 107 once but only once).
It happens while I played with/without other mod(it does not matter).
I tried both English and Japanese language settings.
Of course tried uninstall & install, and verify integrity of game chache option.

epicss, I am big fun of your Mod and romance of three kingdom.
I like to say thank you for making such a great MOD.
I am looking forward to play your mod.

Thanks for the reply kolz2412
I can't find the attachment save file, can you also send to my mail epic[at]googlealumni[dot]com

By the way, this mod doesn't support Japanese now, I wonder if you can help to do a Japanese translation?
I am also a big fun of KOEI three kingdom games, and glad to support more languages.

Yes I can tell that you are big fun of KOEI from playing your MOD and you did great job with it. But I am afraid to say that Civilization5 MODJapanese translation is not so much rewarding task to us because of scarce number of Japanese MOD player.

But yes its is grateful to see such an achievement of Japanese and Chinese art of game I might send message on Japanese Civ5 forum if anyone can help the translation if it helps.

I add new civs and disable all existing civs.

This mod work fine with ingame editor, but I have not done enough testing on other balancing mods, it's quite likely to conflict with some mods, since I changed a lot of stuff.

No change to the tech tree except I add two new AI bonus tech to grant them free building and heroes.

Thanks, I guess if you made a lot of changes there is no sense in playing it with other balancing mods. The description is quite compelling so I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom