Heroic relics somehow missing ...

joyodongo

Chieftain
In my last 6otM game with the Maori, I marked where the 2 first heroes died: the first had an archaeology site but there was no hero relic, it was in another archaeology site 4/5 tiles away; the second has no archaeology site at all, nor in the nearest 10 tiles or so.
Anyone has any idea of why this happens? As far as I know, there should be an archaeology site in the exact place where the hero died for the first time with a Heroic Relic.
Thanks in advance.

The hero relic does not need to spwan exactly at the tile the hero died, its just in that area. And the area can be huge, I think I had a game on an archipelago map where a relic was around 15 tiles from where the hero died (even on another island). Its a bit dump but at least those antiquary sites dont spwan on hills anymore.

Thanks Buktu,
I checked it and, yes, it works like that, the relic appears in the vicinity, not exactly in the place the hero died.
The wiki is wrong ...

I think I had a game on an archipelago map where a relic was around 15 tiles from where the hero died (even on another island).
I was under the impression it was never more than two tiles away from where the hero expired. At least that has been my experience. That may have changed with the Jan. Update where the issue of Heroic Antiquity Sites spawning on mountains was fixed. Fifteen tiles seems excessive though. You wouldn't have a save by chance?

I will look it up later but the game is a few month old now so I'm not sure if I still have the save.

I was under the impression it was never more than two tiles away from where the hero expired. At least that has been my experience. That may have changed with the Jan. Update where the issue of Heroic Antiquity Sites spawning on mountains was fixed. Fifteen tiles seems excessive though. You wouldn't have a save by chance?
No save, but an entire thread :)

Am I missing something? I swore I got heroic relics automatically when a hero died...am I misremembering something?

That is how it has always worked for me, too. I am using no mods.

Glad I am not going crazy. I had no idea what people were talking about, unless there is another one buried where they died, which now that I think about it, that may be true...but seems like double dipping?

I swore I got heroic relics automatically when a hero died...am I misremembering something?

Every hero creates 2 heroic relics. You get the first one for free when he dies the first time. The second one however is created as (future) antiquary site (so you have to dig it up later with an archeologist) when he dies the first time. It will always appear around where the hero died but not necessarily at the exact tile.

Reactions: PiR
And you won't even see antiquity sites in locations where you can't dig. So, for example, you won't see them in a civ that has closed it's borders with you. Or an allied civ. So in some cases, the hero relic might be somewhat nearby, but not visible.

In this Maori 6otM game, I had many hero relics spawning in a radius of 0 to 10-12 tiles away from the hero's death tile. What I did was: check the antiquity sites just before and after the hero death; the new site after the death in this radius was of course the hero relic.

Top Bottom