Heroic relics somehow missing ...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by joyodongo, Apr 22, 2021.

1. joyodongo

joyodongo Chieftain

In my last 6otM game with the Maori, I marked where the 2 first heroes died: the first had an archaeology site but there was no hero relic, it was in another archaeology site 4/5 tiles away; the second has no archaeology site at all, nor in the nearest 10 tiles or so.
    Anyone has any idea of why this happens? As far as I know, there should be an archaeology site in the exact place where the hero died for the first time with a Heroic Relic.
    Thanks in advance.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  2. Buktu

Buktu Prince

The hero relic does not need to spwan exactly at the tile the hero died, its just in that area. And the area can be huge, I think I had a game on an archipelago map where a relic was around 15 tiles from where the hero died (even on another island). Its a bit dump but at least those antiquary sites dont spwan on hills anymore.

3. joyodongo

joyodongo Chieftain

Thanks Buktu,
    I checked it and, yes, it works like that, the relic appears in the vicinity, not exactly in the place the hero died.
    The wiki is wrong ...

Buktu likes this.
  4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I was under the impression it was never more than two tiles away from where the hero expired. At least that has been my experience. That may have changed with the Jan. Update where the issue of Heroic Antiquity Sites spawning on mountains was fixed. Fifteen tiles seems excessive though. You wouldn't have a save by chance?

5. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I will look it up later but the game is a few month old now so I'm not sure if I still have the save.

6. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

No save, but an entire thread :)

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Huh, weird. :think: I had never experienced Hero Ant. Sites so far away, it's always been within a two-tier ring. I wonder if it's still an issue or was fixed in the Jan. Update.

8. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I did not find the save but since I got a new PC at the end of January my game was definitely before that patch.

9. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Am I missing something? I swore I got heroic relics automatically when a hero died...am I misremembering something?

10. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

That is how it has always worked for me, too. I am using no mods.

11. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Glad I am not going crazy. I had no idea what people were talking about, unless there is another one buried where they died, which now that I think about it, that may be true...but seems like double dipping?

Tomice likes this.
  12. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Every hero creates 2 heroic relics. You get the first one for free when he dies the first time. The second one however is created as (future) antiquary site (so you have to dig it up later with an archeologist) when he dies the first time. It will always appear around where the hero died but not necessarily at the exact tile.

PiR likes this.
  13. walkerjks

walkerjks King

And you won't even see antiquity sites in locations where you can't dig. So, for example, you won't see them in a civ that has closed it's borders with you. Or an allied civ. So in some cases, the hero relic might be somewhat nearby, but not visible.

14. joyodongo

joyodongo Chieftain

In this Maori 6otM game, I had many hero relics spawning in a radius of 0 to 10-12 tiles away from the hero's death tile. What I did was: check the antiquity sites just before and after the hero death; the new site after the death in this radius was of course the hero relic.

15. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

Did the new site immediately appear? I remember that it used to wait a few turns before appearing?

16. joyodongo

joyodongo Chieftain

Yes, as far as I remember, it did appear immediately.