1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Heterosexual Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by alphanav1, Oct 27, 2004.

1. alphanav1

alphanav1 Warlord

While studying for an exam I came across this little piece. I thought it was very interesting and so am posting it here.

1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?

2. When and how did you first decided you were heterosexual?

3. Is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

4. Is it possible that your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

5. Isn’t possible that all you need is a good gay lover?

6. Heterosexuals have histories of failures in gay relationships. Do you think you may have turned to heterosexuality out fear or rejection?

7. If you never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn’t prefer that?

8. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

9. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexuality tendencies? How did they react?

10. Your heterosexuality doesn’t offend me as long as you don’t try to force it on me. Why do people feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

11. If you choose to nurture children would you want them to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face?

12. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexual. Do you really consider it safe to expose children to heterosexual teachers?

13. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public stance on heterosexuality? Can’t you just be who you are and keep in quite?

14. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, inclusive heterosexual object choice, and remain unwilling to explore and develop your normal, healthy, God-given homosexual potential?

15. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role playing?

16. How can you enjoy a full, satisfying sexual experience or deep emotional rapport with a person of the opposite sex when the differences are so vast? How can a man understand what pleases a woman, or vice-versa?

17. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?

18. Even with all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

19. Wouldn’t you ask the far out straight types like swingers, Hell’s Angels, and Jesus Freaks to conform more? Wouldn’t that improve your image?

20. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual like you, considering the menace of overpopulation?

21. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that could help you change if you really wanted to. Have you considered trying psychotherapy or even aversion therapy?

22. A disproportional number of criminals and other irresponsible or antisocial types are heterosexuals. Why would anyone want to hire a heterosexual for a responsible position?

23. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?

24. Does heterosexual acting-out necessarily make one heterosexual? Can’t a person have loving friends of the opposite sex without being labeled a heterosexual?

25. Why are heterosexuals so promiscuous?

26. Why do you make a point of attributing heterosexuality to famous people: is it to justify your own heterosexuality?

27. Could you really trust a heterosexual therapist/counselor to be objective and unbiased? Don't you fear he/she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her own preferences?

Now that you read all of these questions, ask your self this question. How do these questions point out aspects of heterosexual privilege?

Attributed to Martin Rochlin

2. test_specimen

test_specimen hope lost

The only thing that could possibly wrong concerning sexuality is intolerance. The questionnaire is quite good :)

3. ~Corsair#01~

~Corsair#01~ Deity

*Cracks knuckles*
    1. I have been brought up in a predomitantly heterosexual community, also, my basic reproductive instincts bias me towards my sexual preference for the opposite sex.

2. I considered myself heterosexual ever since I became aware of what the term meant. I first noticed a serious attraction to members of the opposite sex at the beginning of my teenage years, as I went through puberty.

3. It is entirely possible, however, I feel no real sexual attraction towards members of my own sex. Whether this will change, I have no idea. However, most people's sexual orientation is discovered and remains the same since an early stage in their life, so change is unlikely.

4. I am indeed afraid of other men. However, I am also afraid of women, but they make up for it with their lovely breasts. ;)

5. See 3. I do not find it likely that sexual attraction will cause me to become homosexual.

6. I think it's safe to say that I am not heterosexual due to any failed homosexual relationships on my part. :lol:

7. I don't. However my instincts dictate my sexual preference, and as such, I find female reproductive organs more sexually enticing than male ones.

8. I quite like insane people. In any case, I feel it is rather nonsensical and prejudiced to say that a particular sexual orientation is more likely to be insane than another.

9. Most people take it for granted that I am heterosexual, as it is the social norm in my area. I have had no adverse reaction.

10. I am not compelled to interfere in the sexual orientation of others, and I consider the practice wrong. Some people feel they are superior and thus that they have a right or a duty, to impose their way of life on others.

11. I would not bias my children, in the unlikely event I ever have any, towards any sexual orientation. I would support whatever decision they make. See 10.

12. I do not consider a teacher's sexual orientation important, unless they announce, or have been proven to have, a desire to sexually molest my child.

13. I feel no need to voice my sexuality publicly. However, I have a right to voice my opinions, and this includes the right to make comments regarding sexuality.

14. My potential is not "God-given", and if it was, Christianity makes no mention of sexual diversity and experience being a requirement for inner peace.
    I do not consider having sexual relations an important part of inner "completeness".

15. I do not "cling" to this role-play and feel that a man and a woman are free to practice whatever roles they want in their own relationship.

16. The difference between man and woman, and the discovery and understanding of these differences are an important part of heterosexual love.

17. Because it's very, very good fun. :D

18. There are a variety of reasons, one of which is that people take their marriage and religion in general a lot less seriously in the West now, and no longer consider divorce in the same "last resort" way our parents did.

19. I don't really understand this question, but I would not try to get others to conform for my own benefit, nor do I consider my "image" to be of any importance whatsoever.

20. Actually, in Europe, the population is in fast decline, therefore I am actually serving humanity by reproducing in a European state. Poverty and lack of education are the causes of overpopulation and can be solved without a decline in heterosexuality.

21. I consider altering my mind in any way among the most horrble things imaginable. Also, I am very happy as myself, thanks.

22. The vast majority of responsible positions are filled by heterosexuals, and I refuse to discriminate against people because of their sexual orientation.

23. No. See 1 for why I am heterosexual.

24. Having sexual relations or sexual atttraction towards the opposite sex is heterosexual. If they experience the same attraction towards their own ex, they are either bisexual or homosexual.

25. I doubt straight people are much more promiscuous than homosexuals. In any case, being promiscious is perfectly fine.

26. The extreme majority of famous people are heterosexual. And I feel no need to justify my sexuality. If I did, it certainly wouldn't involve celebrities.

27. I don't trust therapists/counselors in any case. They serve one purpose, which is to try to get you to conform to what they feel is right.

And that's that.:)

4. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

Better than if everyone was homosexual and refuse to have sexual relation with member of the opposite sex.... Much better... By far...

5. Fetus4188

Fetus4188 Deity

1. I live in a heterosexual community, nation, and world were heterosexuality is the norm.

2. As soon as puberty hit and all the hormones started pumping I started to notice all the fine ladies :cool:

3. All of my future plans involving heterosexuality involve a lifelong commitment to one person, so no.

4. Men are ugly.

5. I'm not gay, what do I want a gay lover for?

6. When I first started looking for ladies I didn't even know what 'gay' was, so I don't see that as a factor.

7. I guess I don't, but I'm willing to wager I prefer women.

8. How do we know wether or not they are heterosexual? They most likely haven't had many relationships either way.

9. Well, I don't suppose I've ever told someone I'm heterosexual as I figured they would infer that on their own.

10. Perhaps they see it as the norm, or that homosexuality is wrong, and they want to help that person.

11. My children will be free to express themselves as they wish, but seeing as my future prospect for girlfriend is a mormon I'm not sure how she or her parents would feel.

12. A great majority of people are heterosexual, it can only be expected that the same would be true for molestors. There is no great threat from heterosexual teachers.

13. I don't make it obvious to the world and pronounce my sexuality to everyone.

14. I could never love a man the way I can love a woman, a man needs a woman to complete him, to fill in the gaps that males have, two males would just make twice as many gaps.

15. I'm not sure what this means? Is it asking why heterosexuals aren'y kinky?

16. Practice makes perfect. The anatomies of the opposite sexes have evolved over millenia to allow either sex to give pleasure to the other.

17. You're talking to the wrong people.

18. Modern society has put to much emphasis on outward appearances, this has created a proportional lessening of inner qualities, because marriages are not based on beauty those created on that base fail.

19. They are free to express themselves as they wish, I'm sure the gay community will have their own in time to come.

20. Overpopulation has only become a menace in a select few societies in recent years. Most of humanity's past is marked with an inability to create enough babies.

21. Again, you're talking to the wrong people, most the people I know are happy. If they aren't it's due to some reason other than sex.

22. Sexuality is not a factor, or atleast it should not be, when hiring an employee. The hiring should be based on qualities, not sex.

23. Most of my friends are guys, but I would never want to share my softer side with them, guys aren't known for their ability to be compassionate to eachother, women are.

24. If by loving friends it is meant friends who care deeply for you and want to have the best for you, every person should have these regardless of sexuality.

25. I don't think heterosexuals are any more promiscuous than gays, they are just giving more chances to show it.

26. I've never done so.

27. The same could be said of a homosexual therapist.

6. alphanav1

alphanav1 Warlord

Just to tell you this is related to this:

Do you understand now?

So far the most important question has been missed. This:
    Related to most important question:
    Another thing, are all of these answers acceptable in explaining why someone is homosexual, and how do you feel about explaining your lifestyle choice to people, or do people even say it is a choice?

7. ~Corsair#01~

~Corsair#01~ Deity

You mean could a homosexual give the same answers we did and would it make just as much sense? Then yes, just switch hetero- with homo-. And I don't think it is a choice, it's biology pure and simple.

The only privilege heterosexuals have is that they have no need to fear homophobic fascists. There may be heterophobic fascists, but they're a lot less outspoken.;)

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

I have a penis, and the woman has a vagina. They seem to be designed to work together as part of a natural progression to continue our species. :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: I could care less if it is nature or nuture, leave gay folks alone. Their bedroom is none of our business, and they should have the same rights in civil unions as married people. Share the misery of matrimony! ;)

9. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

If homosexuality was the norm, the human race would still be a tribe...

10. Mr. Do

Mr. Do Emperor

The Greeks, who considered it normal, seemed to have a pretty good civilization for a "tribe".

11. ~Corsair#01~

~Corsair#01~ Deity

By norm he meant the overwhelming majority. The Greeks had liberal attitudes towards homosexuality, but it was never more than an extreme minority.

12. amadeus

amadeus Serenity now!

I already knew this was a homosexual quiz just "converted" to heterosexuality, but about halfway through this thing, I couldn't take it anymore.

You just can't compare homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Say what you like, but homosexuality isn't natural. That doesn't mean it's wrong, it just isn't the default setting. It's an "upgrade" (as they may view it) for some.

Heterosexuals are like VHS and homosexuals are like betamax. There's just a lot more VHS out there.

13. samildanach

samildanach Necrophile

While you are correct in saying that the majority of child molestors are heterosexuals. Homosexuals are far more likely to be child molestors than heterosexuals. 1.6% of British males have admitted to having at least one homosexual experience in their lives and 0.6% of French males have admitted to having a homosexual experience. When conducting studies on two large samples of child sex offenders Freund et. al found that 34% and 32% of the offenders against children were homosexual. In cases they had personally handled, homosexuals
    accounted for 36% of their 457 paedophiles.

Freund, K., Heasman, G., Racansky, I.G. and Glancy, G. (1984).

Pedophilia and heterosexuality vs. homosexuality. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 10(3), 193-200.

So if you are a homosexual you are at least 22 times more likely to be a paedophile than a heterosexual. However, these figures may be somewhat skewed by the fact that homosexual paedophiles have more victims and are more likely to be caught as a consequence. Homosexual paedophiles have on average 150 victims to a heterosexual paedophiles 19 victims.

14. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?

Normal male fetal progression

2. When and how did you first decided you were heterosexual?

I never made the concious decision, I just slowly realized it

3. Is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

I highly doubt that

4. Is it possible that your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

Nah

5. Isn’t possible that all you need is a good gay lover?

I highly doubt that

6. Heterosexuals have histories of failures in gay relationships. Do you think you may have turned to heterosexuality out fear or rejection?

Nope

7. If you never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn’t prefer that?

I find it repulsive

8. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

Got statistics to back that up?

9. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexuality tendencies? How did they react?

I never really disclosed it as there's really no social stigma about it.

10. Your heterosexuality doesn’t offend me as long as you don’t try to force it on me. Why do people feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

Religious reasons, fear, stuff like that.

11. If you choose to nurture children would you want them to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face?

Yes

12. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexual. Do you really consider it safe to expose children to heterosexual teachers?

13. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public stance on heterosexuality? Can’t you just be who you are and keep in quite?

I'm just being myself.

14. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, inclusive heterosexual object choice, and remain unwilling to explore and develop your normal, healthy, God-given homosexual potential?

Because I only have a finite lifespan, and that's very low on my to do list.

15. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role playing?

Who said it was unhealthy? I don't mind it.

16. How can you enjoy a full, satisfying sexual experience or deep emotional rapport with a person of the opposite sex when the differences are so vast? How can a man understand what pleases a woman, or vice-versa?

The differences aren't that vast, and who said differences were a bad thing?

17. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?

Because we're human

18. Even with all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

There's actually many stable relationships. The number is falling because those in unstable feel more free to leave.

19. Wouldn’t you ask the far out straight types like swingers, Hell’s Angels, and Jesus Freaks to conform more? Wouldn’t that improve your image?

Not really, because heterosexuals aren't considered the same by the vast majority of the population, sadly that is untrue with homosexuals who are often much more catagorized.

20. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual like you, considering the menace of overpopulation?

Birth Control, new agriculutral techniques, those will work, and of course, overpopulation may lead to a sharp decrease in human population but that's not the same as extinction

21. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that could help you change if you really wanted to. Have you considered trying psychotherapy or even aversion therapy?

Got Statistics to back that up?
    I'm happy

22. A disproportional number of criminals and other irresponsible or antisocial types are heterosexuals. Why would anyone want to hire a heterosexual for a responsible position?

23. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?

Nope, just chemicals

24. Does heterosexual acting-out necessarily make one heterosexual? Can’t a person have loving friends of the opposite sex without being labeled a heterosexual?

Nope/Yep

25. Why are heterosexuals so promiscuous?

They're human

26. Why do you make a point of attributing heterosexuality to famous people: is it to justify your own heterosexuality?

I don't make that point

27. Could you really trust a heterosexual therapist/counselor to be objective and unbiased? Don't you fear he/she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her own preferences?

Noone is ever completly unbiased

Now that you read all of these questions, ask your self this question. How do these questions point out aspects of heterosexual privilege?

Because they're never asked, I suppose.

15. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Deity

This thread is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to strike out at opponents of homosexual marriage.

16. samildanach

samildanach Necrophile

Yuo haven't read the thread.

17. Shadylookin

Shadylookin master debater

I was probably born that way.

I don't remember deciding, but if your asking when I realized I was heterosexual I'd have to guess it's when I looked upon female breasts and saw that it was good.

I doubt it, but if I'm gay so be it.

I don't think so. Since my friends are males as well and I don't think I could be friends with people I had a neurotic fear of.

I don't believe so, since men don't turn me on.

nonsense who could reject my sexy body?

once again I feel no sexual attraction to men, which would be necessary.

They go insane trying to figure out the opposite sex

my friends most especially my girlfriend. They didn't react at all

I'm happy for you, wanna cookie? As for why people want homosexuals to be heterosexual I imagine it's mostly to do with religious fanatacism.

Well if they were gay I wouldn't have to worry about them getting/getting someone else pregnant. If they were straight they wouldn't be as descriminated against. Whatever my childrens' sexual preference is I'll be accepting of it.

I'll just have to hope that they aren't child molesters and that the schools do background checks.

No because I'm a loud mouthed annoying person.

by having multiple heterosexual partners:lol:

role playing can be fun.

we like the challenge.

hormones

because people don't know the difference between love and lust.

why should I. I don't really beleive we have an image that we must conform to.

condoms?

I'm just fine, but thanks for your concern.

because you can't descrimate for a job position based on sexuality.

some might, but not me.

of course

hormones

I have no need to justify my sexual preferences to myself.

I don't go to counselors or therapists so I wouldn't know.

by trying to annoy people that have a fear that they might be gay

18. ybbor

ybbor Will not change his avata

well, let's see, i'll use ~Corsair#01~ for arguement...

that's up in the air as it is still being debated as to homosexuality as a choice

well, i'm under the impression (although i could be wrong) that all homosexuals think they are/were heterosexuals at some point, so no, as their is no change

yeah, worls for homosexuals

obviously doesn't work for homosexuals ;)

workd for homsexuals

depends on the person

well, assuming you change the female to male, the whole thing is up in the air see#1

unrelated to sexuality

no homosexual could resonably claim that

again politics, unrelated to sexuality

works for homosexuals

works for homosexuals

works for homosexuals

does not work for homosexuality (irrelevant anyway as there is no God-given potential for homosexuality)

works for homosexuality

does not work for homosexuals as there i no male vs.male difference (in the genralized sense it's being used here)

couldn't comment on the differences in sexual experiences

doesn't apply to homosexuals so it is irrelevant

works for homosexuals

does not work for homosexuals

works for homosexuals

doesn't work for homosexuals (becuase of first line)

see#1

relates to definitions, not sexuality

uhhh, as there is no clear agreement on facts no jusgement can be made

worls for homosexuals

unrelated to sexuality

overall, there arw some answers on both sides

19. HighlandWarrior

HighlandWarrior Mr Political Analyser

everytime i hear the word betamax i think of al bundie.

20. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Not seriously by the scientific community, pretty much the homophobic.