Hey, AI, museums are where your paintings go.

steveg700

Deity
What is with the AI having both great artists and the art museums to hold them, yet they still never have any art. This can be discerned both by hovering over their museums and by the Make Deal option. I look at other civ's, thinking maybe they took the city that had the art, and no dice. Anyone else notice?

I remember there was a Bug in the behavior tree. The tree got locked when an Artist had been acquired but there was no place to put an art into. Then even they built museums, the tree was still locked. Perhaps that never got fixed.

No, it is all right for me, there's always a rich market of cultural objects to select from other AIs, for buying or swapping. Even for archeology. My usual settings are no game modes, no gameplay altering mods, standard speed and deity.

Slightly related, I discovered this weekend that cities that flip loyalty transfer any art they hold to the new owner. I took a full art museum from Japan.

I remember there was a Bug in the behavior tree. The tree got locked when an Artist had been acquired but there was no place to put an art into. Then even they built museums, the tree was still locked. Perhaps that never got fixed.
FWIW, the AI did some time later start placing paintings. Like, ages later tho.

Top Bottom