Hi all new to the forum

Bxbase

Chieftain
Not new to civ, but never heard of all the tricks in the rules.
Gonna try this gotm and might even send it in if its not to embarresing.
Since the first try is the only try im kinda scared to start.

Welcome to CFC and the GOTM, Bxbase. When I started I was playing the GOTMs but not submitting them, and looking back I wish I had because I would have improved a lot faster with comments from old guys like Starlifter and Smash. Don't get all worried about being embarrassed - we don't laugh at people, we try to help them improve their game, if they are interested in suggestions. Do read the Rules thread, there are some "tricks" that have been declared offlimits for this game as well as a lot of explanation. If you open a NotePad session and make notes as you play it may help you reconstruct what you did for comparisons. Another helpful thing is to save your game every 10 or 20 turns so you have "snapshots" you can look back on.

Maybe we could do a Beginners GOTM (Chieftan/Warlord level games) for newbies so they don't have to be as worried. It would also give noobs a chance to practice scenario design and game customization.

:wavey: Welcome!

By all means, feel free to submit your game, even if you don't feel you've done well. Post your progress/thoughts in the "spoiler" thread. As Elephant said, keeping a log of what you do is a valuable tool to help yourself learn from your past decisions. If you post some of it here, it also allows others to provide constructive criticism and suggestions for improving. There is some competetiveness in the GOTM's but one of the main reasons we started it (76 months ago!) was to help compare and improve people's games. I still learn from what I see in other people's games, and I've been participating since all the way back in GOTM #1

Top Bottom