Hi, can anyone be my knight in shining armor

Sexy Gamer

Chieftain
I just started playing like 2 weeks ago, and its fun. but I read these posts and I really have no idea how to play this game.

can anyone point me in the direction of info.

thanks

Hi! I've learned the basics of the game on my own (no bragging intended!). It's not that hard and, supposing you have at least some experience in turn-based strategy games, you can do it too. ;)

This site is a real bless for n00bs. Surf around and you'll find lots of useful advice. Here's a link that may help you on the basics:
Civ3 Info Center

Sexy Gamer said:
I just started playing like 2 weeks ago, and its fun. but I read these posts and I really have no idea how to play this game.

can anyone point me in the direction of info.

thanks

First, I would say play the game a lot to familiarize your self with basics of the game. Then you will better understand the info given here. I’ve been playing on and off for years and still don’t understand some of what people are talking about. :crazyeye:

WackenOpenAir said:
Look better at these boards. Here you don't have to fake being a female to get help. :)

lol, judging from everyone I must be like the only girl who plays Civ. ohwell I am used to being a little differant ;)

There's a couple of really good girls here.

Look better at these boards. Here you don't have to fake being a female to get help. :)

:lol:

Heh. Some of the most notable players are females, and are notable not just because they're females. As someone pointed out, the past two Demogame presidents have been women.

I'll just give you the advice I give everyone who doesn't have a specific question:

1. More roads.
2. Trade more.
3. Cities closer together
4. Insert more generic advice.

thats what I was looking for, short simple awnsers on how to improve my play.

thank you TOMOYO you rock, any more, I hate reading those long posts

Of course, to make sure that our advice actually applies, it would be best to see a screenshot or a save file (I'm too lazy to look at save files, but others might) of your game.

Shorter advice is likely to lead you astray :p Cities "closer together" can be a bad thing depending on how close were talking about. Building roads for roads sake and not to improve the best squares or connect cities is a waste of precious worker time. Its hard to go wrong with more trading though.

In the games option menu, you could enable the tutorial mode, this will give you tips here and there as you access game fuctions.

Well, newbies generally don't build enough roads, cities too far apart, and don't trade enough. :p

tR1cKy said:
... and don't produce enough workers, and don't expand enough, and build too much improvements...
...and are addicted to wonders...

Tomoyo said:
...and are addicted to wonders...
I was too... :blush:

Having my arse kicked hard at REGENT a few times was an effective therapy for wonder addiction.

Some (good? hope so) advice from me:

1) As a non-player character has swiftly suggested here ;) avoid building wonders, unless you have a leader to spend. Wait for the AS to build them, then "obtain" them.

2) For the most part of the game, your cities cannot grow past size 12. That's why putting cities too much spaced apart results in a waste of precious, uncorrupted tiles. Build cities with 12 max tiles available and let the other overlap with other cities you build.

3) Don't build improvements in corrupted cities, since the gold, shield or beaker outcome would be wasted anyway.

4) Go out of Despotism ASAP. It has a penalty in food, gold and shields.

5) Have at least 1.5 workers per city. Let them improve tiles. Until you get out of Despotism, irrigate the plains and mine the grasslands. If you irrigate a grassland, the Despotism penalty will nullify the gain in food (unless there's a food bonus resource).

6) Since you hate long posts, i'll finish it here :hatsoff:

Top Bottom