1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I Like Civ1

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Stewniversity, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Stewniversity

Stewniversity Chieftain

Hello, I've been playing Civ1 on and off for years. Pleased to find this subcommunity of Civ and Civ1 fans. I'm a retro gamer (my favorite strategy game is probably MoO1) and I like modding old games, editing save games to make scenarios, etc. Through this site tools for doing such things with Civ1 have come to my attention. Neatsome 8)

I'm particularly interested in modifying the hex values that say where nations start on the EARTH map. What would a nation starting in Australia or Greenland be like? Or what about the Turk nation removed from the game at the last minute?

Probably all this has been done but I've been outside of Civ1 for so long I'm not in the loop on such things.

2. Noire Leblanc

Noire Leblanc Chieftain

This forum is the place to find much of that; I'd say your best bet is to just reposition starts with JCivED or modify the EARTH map with it. You may also want to check out the research regarding modifying the game's internal data tables, found here.

Also, welcome to CFC.

3. Stewniversity

Stewniversity Chieftain

Thanks for the welcome! I've been using JCivED, it seems to be quite good for that :) Thanks for the link about the tables too!