Hi I'm new here..some pics of my Civ

DannyITR

Chieftain
HI guys. New to this site. I'm not sure if there is a special place to post screens of your civs but forgive me if this is the wrong place. I'm 28 and started playing Civ when I was about 10 or 11 years old I guess. I haven't been playing the whole time lol just maybe a few odd times in the last 18 years.

I went on a business trip recently and Civ popped into my head to kill time on the flight. I downloaded it to my laptop and now I'm addicted again lol.

I had one Civ maybe 15 years ago where I irrigated the entire Earth. It was my pride and joy but I lost it. I wanted to re-create that so I took 3-4 days and built up another one. What do you think?

By the 1800s I had all the technologies and by 2100 I had most of the map irrigated. The game is on Emperor. I have a full Palace (first time actually wohoo). My biggest city is a 42 in Africa and I have a 41 in South America.

I'd love to hear your comments and see your screens. I plan to get as many cities as possible and use every bit of fertile ground on the map. I have a few more islands left to do.

I hate to have to point this out, but the desert square north of Mongolia city is not irrigated ;)

Looks like you had great fun. I've never settled the entire planet before... must have been a labour of love!

Great job colonizing the Earth.

Now that you mention it, the grassland southwest of Peru isn't irrigated either.

I haven't seen any other threads about this, but Kathmandu has a problem that I have fought in every game. Odd food supply. Food produced can never equal food consumed so the population fluctuates. Not a big problem, but I just can't stand the thought of people starving to death in such an advanced civilization.

Welcome fellow fan of large civilizations. I share a similar goal: to place most efficiently 127 cities, though my plan includes all reachable fish, which makes consuming all land masses impossible, but the remaining tiles are all arctic, desert, and tundra. Your "grid" formation brings back memories; aesthetically, it doesn't get any better.

...I just can't stand the thought of people starving to death in such an advanced civilization.

You'd hate my early experimental civs where I shifted resources between neighbors via starvation.

Great job colonizing the Earth.

Now that you mention it, the grassland southwest of Peru isn't irrigated either.

I haven't seen any other threads about this, but Kathmandu has a problem that I have fought in every game. Odd food supply. Food produced can never equal food consumed so the population fluctuates. Not a big problem, but I just can't stand the thought of people starving to death in such an advanced civilization.

Interestingly enough I pillaged those irrigation squares because I couldn't get an even food supply in those cities. It seems to be a bug in the game. Sometimes you either have 1 extra food or one less food and every time you grow you just starve back down and the process repeats itself.

Thanks for the comments. BTW do you get a palace more often on harder levels? This was the first time I got a full palace.

Palace tiles are awarded when you reach milestones in your civ rating. So yes, the harder levels do get them faster.

Top Bottom