Hi, rank BTS Civs in true world importance (opinion)

CarpeDiem

Warlord
Hey, i want to embark on a earth style map playing with roughly 14 civs (less or more maybe) and i will WB starting positions, but i was looking for peoples opinions of 'real world importance'

some kind of ranking would be great

Hmmm all im wondering is....

....why have u made two posts?

Hey, i want to embark on a earth style map playing with roughly 14 civs (less or more maybe) and i will WB starting positions, but i was looking for peoples opinions of 'real world importance'

What does 'real world importance mean'?
Their power in the modern world or their historical/cultural importance?

What does 'real world importance mean'?
Their power in the modern world or their historical/cultural importance?

I think it's where the "Opinion"-part kicks in :D

I dont think this thread is a good idea.

Basically what you are asking is...Which one is the most important civilization in real life?
Doas that sound even remotely politically correct to you?

well i wasn't trying to go down a road such as that.....

i just wondered, which civs people would use in an earth map....

Basically what you are asking is...Which one is the most important civilization in real life?

While I think this thread is a keg of dynamite with a drunk guy smoking cigarettes on top, whether it's PC or not, it is a fairly valid question. Are we getting so PC now that we can't even ask valid questions any more?

:( i didn't realize i would spark such feelings, i just figure i want the most prevalent civs....

omg hes not politically correct i must report to the mods, how can he not ask a pc question for all us sensitive people here, in fact i bet he calls gravitationally challenged people fat, or african americans black. omg
:rolleyes:

For example Greece has been more prevalent than say Spain, so i won't include Spain, i'm not being racist!

For example Greece has been more prevalent than say Spain, so i won't include Spain, i'm not being racist!

While Greece is tough to top, don't discount Spain. As a colonial power, their influence on many non-Western parts of the world is *tremendous*. The face of South America (see: not an insignificant part of the world) has been altered to an incredible degree by Spain over the past few centuries.

I still don't understand what you're trying to do.

While I think this thread is a keg of dynamite with a drunk guy smoking cigarettes on top...

:lol: :lol:

omg hes not politically correct i must report to the mods, how can he not ask a pc question for all us sensitive people here, in fact i bet he calls gravitationally challenged people fat, or african americans black. omg
:rolleyes:

African Americans isn't even politically correct! Nowadays many black people are just Americans.

And here's where it gets messy... hundreds of millions of people still speak Spanish, and pretty much only Greece speaks Greek...

Yeah, but they had a pretty nice empire going for a while :p

Are you using the default civs? Or are you modding in ones that don't exist yet...

Is it ancient era (Ie. start with basic units (settler + warrior/scout)), or is the world based around a certain time? (EG. 1000 AD)

If it is ancient era, and using default civs, PLEASE don't use the most 'popular' civs, as no matter what you do, Rome will always rule the world, if you be "realistic". Simply because, if you don't play as a european civ, the european resources will be depleated (IE. one civ will get horses, another will get iron, another two may get copper, and the rest go without). The only way around that would be to put tons of resources in Europe (like the Earth 18 civ map ATM), which means that anyone who can rule the Ancient era, rules Europe, and thus, tons of resources and production/trade/science/GP powerhouses of the world.

Try and spread the civs out as much as possible. This may mean you will only be able to fit 4 or 6 civilisations in Europe... but thats better (IMO) than the unbalanced Europe in 18 civ Earth maps given by default.

My 2 cents. But you need to give a bit more info about what "Importance" means, and what civilisations count, and what don't. Otherwise, no-one will be able to help you. Also, its slightly dangerous this sort of thread, so I would reccommend that you impose certain rules ("No replying to other peoples posts directly, explain your choices," etc. (The first rule is important, otherwise you get:

"X is a great civ"

"No its not"

"Yes it is"

"Ur civ sux"

"U suck"

"Ur mum sux"

"*8*($&(#$#*&)%(*&# u &#$*($&#)%*(#&(%*#&%"

etc. etc. etc.)) Or not. Its your thread, but if the mods think its going to end in a flame-fest, they will close it.

Now thats my 4 cents :D

1. Chinese
2. Romans
3. Phoenecians (Carthage in game, but not really.)
4. Greeks
5. Indians
6. English
7. Egyptians
8. Persians
9. Spaniards
10. Mayans
11. Russians
12. Germans

China is easily #1. Everyone after that is debatable.

1. Chinese
2. Romans
3. Phoenecians (Carthage in game, but not really.)
4. Greeks
5. Indians
6. English
7. Egyptians
8. Persians
9. Spaniards
10. Mayans
11. Russians
12. Germans

China is easily #1. Everyone after that is debatable.

care to explain?

Top Bottom