1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hiawatha Must Die!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kyroshill, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

Is it just me or is an AI Iriquois just the most annoying thing ever?

In the vast majority of my games Hiawatha is just a bit too far away from me for an early rush (though many would say no distance is too great to rush I'd guess)... and always beeline gunpowder, somehow always have enough funds to ally nearly every CS on the map, spam cities everywhere yet somehow adopt the most SPs...

No matter what I have no choice but to go to war with them in every game otherwise they'd run away with it.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

2. Humakty

Humakty Happy Goblin

he is indeed often strong in my games. Iroquoi special ability maybe.

3. qyll

qyll Prince

4. neilkaz

neilkaz King

He can be nasty on Immortal and often a runaway AI. He crushed my attempt to play as Washington last week.

.. neilkaz ..

5. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

When I first played Civ 5, I underestimated Hiawatha.

Then I played as him. He is beast. >.>

6. homerj

homerj Deity

My last game, I had him completely surrounded and down to one city. I considered it an Indian reservation.

7. Yzman

Yzman Deity

I almost lost to him on King to a diplo victory. He had allied 11 city states! And had 2 votes for himself, out of 11 required. Luckily I killed 2 of the city states and bribed one of them before he was able to win.

8. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

I freaking hate him, I can't stand him I want him out of my game. I nuked his whole civilization last game. Good riddance.

9. CivFanaticMan

CivFanaticMan Warlord

from my experience playing civ in civ3 the iroquois typically became very powerful and almost unstoppable. could this be true for civ5. If it is it will bring back many good memories.

10. The Tollan

The Tollan Prince

The two times that Hiawatha played a significant role in my games he seemed to run into trouble with the Songhai (of course he wanted help against the Songhai but does not want to-or more precisely will not-do anything to help the player fight them other than sign pacts of secrecy).

I haven't been able to play as much recently so I have not yet encountered him on the harder difficulties yet.

11. wurstburst

wurstburst Prince

In my games, Hiawatha has been consistently strong. Big production. Nice UU. Gold bonus from not having to make roads. Very tough civ over all to play against.

12. tnick777

tnick777 Warlord

Hiawatha is a little girl in my current one... He seems easy.

Raemkaehn or whatever on the other hand was harsh.

13. Samuil

Samuil Warlord

Well, from my games, the big shot is usually Rome (two or three games), and sometimes Russia (two games) or England (once), Hiawatha never quite gets it going... (did not play a lot of games though (around 60 hours total), we do not all have the time to indulge in gaming so much)
    Anyway, played as Hiawatha and conquered the world without much opposition on Prince... (my first conquest victory on Civ V :p.

14. GfxJG

GfxJG Warlord

A few weeks ago, I was playing as India, and was on the same continent as the Iroquois. Their empire was at least 3 times the size of mine. Then by some miracle, I got the Manhattan Project before him, and I had 6 Uranium. I then spammed A-bombs and Mech Infantries and conquered his entire empire in like 20 turns =P

15. jabbawackybacky

jabbawackybacky Warlord

Last game i played, he was squeezed between France, Russia and Songhai. He ended the game with 3 cities, 2 of which I think I returned to him. That said, it wasn't the fault of hiawatha, elizabeth suffered a similar fate (I liberated her, at which point she complained about how I had "settled near her civ" since I had occupied the French cities near her)