Hidden AI to AI diplomacy modifiers

Can anyone explain why certain AI's remain "pleased" with each other even when having negative diplomacy modifiers?

For example in my current game, Brennus is Budhist and Huayna is Hindu, and they both are at -3 for having different religion, and at +1 for having peaceful relations for a total of -2. However, for some strange reason both civs are pleased with each other. Also I'd like to know if there is any way to disable this if possible, thanks.

It could be dued because the civs trade with each other alot, arent so crazy over religion and have a common enemy or have the same civs or one civ gives tribute to another civ.

Dont know why you want to spoil this friendship but you can bribe one civ to declare war on the other one if they are greedy enough

Can anyone explain why certain AI's remain "pleased" with each other even when having negative diplomacy modifiers?

For example in my current game, Brennus is Budhist and Huayna is Hindu, and they both are at -3 for having different religion, and at +1 for having peaceful relations for a total of -2. However, for some strange reason both civs are pleased with each other. Also I'd like to know if there is any way to disable this if possible, thanks.

amongst the hidden modifiers is the infamous iWarmongerRespect
both brennus and HC have a iWarmongerRespect value of 2, giving them both a hidden +4 modifier.
just let the "heathen" modifier grow, and they will hate each other

It is kind of bad. Can you change it? Make them all start cautious with each other?

Does anyone have a list of all the hidden modifiers? I know about the Warmonger respect thing so far. Also if anyone knows of a mod, or knows how to mod this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm removing warmonger respect could make it difficult for the AI . The thing is warmongers like Monty,Alex,Gengis , Shaka can win only when they have huge amount of land. Now if there is no warmonger respect Monty could pick on alex and both go to a series of spiralling war while a peaceful Gandhi next to them could just tech his way out.
However with warmonger respect, builders and warmongers start annoyed with each other so there is a better chance of warmonger declaring on a builder when he is weak early ,rather than picking on another warmonger and fighting themselves to a stalemate while the builders become more powerful than either of them. You can also see that builders civilizations also start pleased with each other.

I think it will make the game much more interesting, if warmongers are much more prone to war with each other, sometimes you may see someone like Monty or Alex conquer ALL their neighbors and become a superpower.

This thread prompts me to ask this question: How can Mansa and Gandhi get away from wars most of the time when they only have 3 longbows per city and have a state religion different from the warmongers (Mansa usually irritates more than half of people)?

This really sicks me to my stomach every time when I see them tech like crazy but they are too far from me.

The AI is bad at capturing cities . The only time I see AI capturing is when it has technological superiority , dogpile war or lack of military resource. Builder Ai's like Mansa and Gandhi usually lead in the tech and could actually have better units than warmongers. Next they usually (but not always) find a relegion and spread it to their neibhours so will be surrounded by atleast some pleased neibhours preventing a dog pile. .

The AI is bad at capturing cities . The only time I see AI capturing is when it has technological superiority , dogpile war or lack of military resource.

i take it you don't play against montezuma? he's completely insane. he'll throw tons and tons of units at enemy cities that are defended with later-era units, and he ends up capturing them. my theory is that nobody told him it's impossible, so he expects it to work and it does. and also he's psychotic.

there have been games that by the time i meet the other continent and see the world map, he's conquered 3-5 cities from, say, the germans. and the germans are still a couple techs ahead of him, even after losing so many cities. so he had to have been way behind when he started the war, but he doesn't care. and obviously it works well for him sometimes.

1. The Warmonger respect and Peacemonger respect should not be hidden. They should show up in the diplomacy screen as "+2 I like your style."

2. They should definitely be left in. Just look at all the threads that want the game to have more "personality" and more leader-specific operation.

I still would rather have all civs start cautious with each other, their relations should be affected by events within the current game, not by some pre-programmed modifier telling them who to like and not to like. It would make the game much less predictable.

There is always the "random personalities" option in the custom game screen. This makes games much less predictable, and you have to get to know each leader all over again in each game. It's also the only way I've ever been able to tolerate Tokugawa.

Score affects this also. Being #1 gives you a something along the lines of a -1 with #2, a -2 with #3 and #18 enjoys a nice +17 with #1 for just plain sucking. You get a -1 at Noble&up and AggresiveAI without BetterAI gives you a -2.

i take it you don't play against montezuma? he's completely insane. he'll throw tons and tons of units at enemy cities that are defended with later-era units, and he ends up capturing them. my theory is that nobody told him it's impossible, so he expects it to work and it does. and also he's psychotic.

there have been games that by the time i meet the other continent and see the world map, he's conquered 3-5 cities from, say, the germans. and the germans are still a couple techs ahead of him, even after losing so many cities. so he had to have been way behind when he started the war, but he doesn't care. and obviously it works well for him sometimes.

Lol that's true but if I do see Monty at any time of the game he becomes a top prioriy target for me. Actually I like if I start next to him. I can just sit in my territory kill all those waves he throws at me without warweariness getting all those lvl requirement units and GGs and when I have enough troops my highly experienced troops can just take out his empire and hopefully a holy city as well. I would be more fearful of someone like that back-stabber Alex:mad:

Score affects this also. Being #1 gives you a something along the lines of a -1 with #2, a -2 with #3 and #18 enjoys a nice +17 with #1 for just plain sucking. You get a -1 at Noble&up and AggresiveAI without BetterAI gives you a -2.

Are you sure about this, I haven't observed this. Is it only for the AI or affests human as well?
I actually would like humans also having a value, the maximum war monger respect value of course:mischief: . But maybe it would be better to have a customizable value for the human so that builders can choose a lesser one.

there is indeed a modifier for better scoring or not, but it doesn't work like civdude86 says.
Some leaders like to be stronger than you (catherine), while some others respect you for being stronger. It's part of the "personalities".
And it's doesn't give mega bonus.

Top Bottom