Hidden Civilization

cpikey316_

Chieftain
What might be nice would be having a hidden version of the original civilization, perhaps only made playable by winning the game in the first place. It will give newer games a chance to see where it all began!

That may have worked for Metroid Prime, but that was the difference between an 8-bit platformer and a 128-bit first-person game. For the Civilization series, it would be the difference between two games that are almost exactly the same except for a few rebalancing issues.

Its a reasonable idea as Civ1 would still have some different features but I'm not sure how many people would actually spend time playing the original when they had just brought Civ4.

Yes it would be fun to play the orriginal Civ game... for about a few minutes. While I have nothing against it, or other old games, Civs 2 and 3 were more remakes then sequels. So it would practickly be like playing the same game only worse. And who wants to do that?

I'd like to, does anyone know where I can get Civ1 for windows XP(I've got one that doesn't work)? Otherwise I'll have to set up some old 486 from the garbage and use the DOS disks.

Wouldn't take up much space. It'd be smaller than the opening movie.

I've notice how some would not find Civ 1 to be very exciting as a hidden feature because the Civ 1 and Civ 2/3/4 are "almost exactly the same except for a few rebalancing issues." As I have not played Civ 1, I would be interested; I do agree with the idea, however, since I see Civ 3 to be fundamentally similar to Civ 2, with only a few surface changes.

Is anyone implying that Civ 4 should be different from previous Civ versions (Civ 4 not Civ 1.4)?

It should have some new features but have at least some basic similarities to the previous games.

The only way ive found to play the original civilization under windows xp is to use civNET. Its basically the same game.

One thing I like about playing the original civilization is that its far simpler to play quickly. I also far prefer the air combat in Civ 1 and Civ 2 to that of Civ 3

Besides that, any game in which a guy with a pointy stick can defeat a modern battleship deserves to be played :p

Hmm.... this would be an interesting feature, that I might like to see. Also, this made me think that I would like to see other secret/bonus features in the game, beyond this. Maybe hidden new civs... bonus things... even a bonus mode? I don't know, what would you guys want to add as secret and/or bonus in the new civ game?

Perhaps a hidden scenario would work but having hidden Civilizations might just be annoying as people want to have the choice as to which civ they play as. It would be pretty annoying if you wanted to play as the Portugese but you had to win with the English first before you could use them....

Or maybe hide Sid Meier's Colonization... A very nice old game between Civ 1 and Civ 2...

Top Bottom