Hidden Game Rules

It's amazing how this thread turned immediately into just another hyperbole hate thread :(

It's amazing how this thread turned immediately into just another hyperbole hate thread :(
If the game is crap, what else you'd expect? Civ4 didn't have stuff like that going, 'cause people were actually playing the game, I mean how fast you can get bored from clicking next turn/I win button?

If the game is crap

Which half of those who post here don't believe is the case.... and that doesn't count those who are too busy playing the game to post....

Many of us enjoy the game (1) in it's current form (2) with one of the dozen or so good mods, and (3) we know that the game is still unfinished, like all civ games at this point in their lifecycle...

But my point is... how many "this game suxx" threads are needed?

I guess there are no good games out there that you could be playing... so that seems to be a problem with the gaming industry, not just one game

Which half of those who post here don't believe is the case.... and that doesn't count those who are too busy playing the game to post....

Many of us enjoy the game (1) in it's current form (2) with one of the dozen or so good mods, and (3) we know that the game is still unfinished, like all civ games at this point in their lifecycle...

But my point is... how many "this game suxx" threads are needed?

I guess there are no good games out there that you could be playing... so that seems to be a problem with the gaming industry, not just one game
That's quite amusing that if I take 15 mins to check this forum, write few posts and go back to play good titles/have a life you start to assume some strange stuff, like that there's no games I'd like, I'd play the game I "hate" (how can you hate a turd? It's disgusting, that's all) or I'd spent half a day posting here...
I thought I've already explained that to you?

And as for the "amazing how quickly thread transforms into this game sucks" I guess that the only possible explanation for you would be that all those pesky haters just sit there, hands on the keyboard and wait for the new thread to pop-up :lol: In the meantime, civ5 lovers blissfully play the game therefore every new topic here is doomed to failure. :D

Newsflash: Civ5 is a bad game, people are not happy with it, amazon ratings in I think every country support that, as well as the fact that "Civ5 sucks" transformation occurs so fast.

Mind you, some folks have different tastes, and they can like things I don't like, nothing wrong with that. But tell me of any other civ game that required mods from day one to make it enjoyable? I smell Bethe$'da's Oblivion approach - 90% of funds dumped into marketing, let the players worry about making the game fun.

Newsflash: Civ5 is a bad game

Once again.... this is purely your opinion...

I think ciV in many ways in much better than vanilla cIV ever could have dreamed to be....

So I guess I'm right!!! Yay me!!!

Besides... I don't think "Jersey Shore" is a good show at all... should I go to their boards and tell them in 10 or 12 posts a day??

Cities have ZOC on ships

Air Sweep Doesn't do Anything

Airplanes have no heal command in cities but they do on carriers

AI capturing a Great General doesn't count as an attack and therefore they can attack again in the same turn

Come to CFC Forums Between Turns - See people wishing Civ5 was Civ4 with better graphics

Declaration of Friendship: Denounced by every player within 20 turns.

Yeah all friends will become evil warmongers in a few turns:cry:
10 turns later the whole world is declaring war on me also my friend washington (1000bc):scan:

Ai City building: Ai build cities in impossible locations like two tiles away from each other

Resource locations Resources have spawned on top of mountains where they can't be reached or in the water

Broken Diplomacy: Ai claim you are settling near them or amassing armies near their borders when you are not

its all to true in my games the above always happens, I just love devoting 6+hours to get denounces for point 3 above and then find out I have no oil, Aluminum or uranium but still massed mech inf & guided missiles is the only way to go & finally how the f&*^%$$ does the AI have 6 cities 2 spaces apart with a population of 23 or so in each.......please I know civ 5 look's nice but civ 1 rock's & civ 3 still have the replayability, try a revisit.........

Air sweep: recon area without doing anything or seeing anything

Build a tank: Automatically pull agro from all enemy units and lose the tank within one turn

Find ruins: If only one turn of research left for current tech, automatically finish it

Air sweep isn't a recon mission. Enemy air defense can fire a certain number of times (usually one per unit) at your bombing runs. Performing an air sweep uses up those defenses while exposing your fighter to much less damage. So if you have four fighters, and Siam has two SAMs, then you sweep twice and then bomb twice, and none of your fighters die. If you had just gone ahead and bombed all four times, then the first two fighters would have probably died.

Krakatoa - Never within borders
One lonely snow tile in the middle of the ocean surrounded by 5 fish tiles - Best city spot in the whole game
Anti-tank gun - Never sees play.
Receive a scout from a city-state - Gift it back

Try to build a solid relationship with an ally: sign open borders, declaration of friendship and defence pact, trade luxuries and resources, denounce the Civs he denounces, declare war to his enemies when he asks to, make research agreements, free some of his workers, give him your virgin wife and all the cakes of your realm.

Get backstabbed

Sign research pact with Germany
Germany has been defeated (1 turn before the research pact ends)

^^^
just happened to me

Meet England in the first 50 turns: Elizabeth covets your lands.
Conquer a City State: Denounced as a warmonger.
Resurrect dead civilization from liberated city: Denounced as a warmonger; AI covets your lands.
Conquer enemy city after being declared on: Denounced as a warmonger.
Conquer up to 3 cities during war: AI gives you everything but capital for peace; denounced as a warmonger in 5 turns.
Conquer 4 or more cities during war: AI never open to negotiation again; denounced a warmonger every 5 turns.
Declare Friendship with AI: Lose 1 of each luxury resource for no trade or be denounced.
Denounced by Friendly AI: Denounced by all AI within 20 turns.

It's no surprise that since coming to these forums, I've stopped playing Civ V all together.

Top Bottom