Hidden Promotions

platyping

Sleeping Dragon
Hidden Promotions

Features:
1) Partial Hidden Promotions: Hides lower grade promotions, while showing the highest grade promotions.
2) Full Hidden Promotions: Hides All Promotions

Notes:
1) It only works when the promotions "Types" are named in logical order. (1, 2, 3 and so on)
2) Full Hidden Promotions takes priority over Hidden Promotions when both activated.

Thank you, I'll take this one! :goodjob:

Thanks, I remembered seeing the request in The_J's thread sometime ago :D
Since I have been messing with CvMainInterface file recently, might as well do it

I've now merged this modcomp with the B5 mod we are working on but it doesn't appear to be doing what it says on the box. I've checked all the promotions we have and made sure
the promotions "Types" are named in logical order. (1, 2, 3 and so on)
however I've kept to the use of Roman Numerals ie III, IV, V, VI the Final Frontier shipped with.

Do I need to change from this to normal numbering conventions?

It has to be exactly how BTS did their naming style.
PROMOTION_COMBAT1, PROMOTION_COMBAT2 and so on.
Not PROMOTION_COMBAT_I, PROMOTION_COMBAT_II

The type tag has to follow it, else how to add or subtract to find what is the previous or next order.

The promotion name itself can be whatever.
It can be Combat I, Combat II or Basic Combat, Advanced Combat.

In fact, it can be RABBIT1, RABBIT2, RABBIT3 and it will still work...
So long as the last char is numeric.
Not roman ones

At the moment, it only checks if last char is numeric, if so, does the unit have the higher promotion.

Thus, 0 to 9 will work, which means can go up from I to XI if you start from 0.
Doubt any mods bother to have a Combat XII so never bother.

Updates

Adds a 2nd option:
Full Hidden Promotions, shows nothing at all in unit interface, for users to see their awesome artwork forever.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 176
Tada!

You can now switch between normal mode, partial or full hidden.

While you can add up to 3 options to the standard BtS option screen it was found to cause some problems if you play more than one mod. This was discovered way back in RoM:AND when Afforess did something similar with that screen. I can't remember the details unfortunately but RoM:AND no longer uses that method.

If I am not wrong, the problem is that the system will remember the options and apply to another mod.
However the other mod may not have the same option or different option.
It is the same problem with adding game options.

I couldn't add a single graphic option though until I modify the option screen file.

1) Modularized XML files
2) Rewrote CvOptionsScreen codes which cause a problem with Modules

Top Bottom