Hide/Show icon for city buildings list

lifemare

Chieftain
I've always played Civilization on Marathon and i focus primarily in city development and defense, expanding gradually until forced to conflict. War, after all, is the opposite of civilization (although arguably, historically inseparable).

This means however, that the task of assigning construction to an increasingly larger empire becomes terribly tedious, constantly having to study every single building list in every single town to decide what to build or not. This has always been a letdown to me.

It should be extremely simple to implement an eye icon next to every building so you can hide those you are not interested in.

This is especially boring in Beyond Earth, where every building revolves around resource buffs. Once you hit a good income, specially in the case of science, paying maintenance for extra redundant buildings stops making sense and i end up with a huge list of undesired items i have to be constantly reading through to find the ones i actually need.

Also, on the building list, below the name of each building, some icons are sometime shown representing the resources those buildings affect. But this doesn't seem to follow any logic, and many buildings have no icons at all, even when all they do is affect resources.

Would it be possible to implement a system showing a more informative display, without having to select every building one by one to check the mouseover info?

Top Bottom