1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hiding units in cities so they don't appear like a bunch of Godzillas?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Veristek, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Veristek

Veristek Chieftain

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's an option or a way to hide units that are garrisoned inside cities? I want to see the cities, rather than having a mile tall infantry guys standing in the city like a bunch of Godzillas. It kind of ruins the graphic view.

Does anyone know how to hide the units for a better graphic visual of the cities themselves without the units being superimposed over them?

2. kamex

kamex Emperor

In Civ Iv... No. In Civ V... yes. They should disappear when you garrison them.

3. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

They usually disappear. Occasionally they show, in which case garrisoning again usually does it. Just move them out and back in.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I believe if they are just placed in the city, rather than actually being garrisoned, they'll still show.

5. Liborio

Liborio Chieftain

And when you load the game too. Well atleast the air units do, both in cities and in carriers which i find highly annoying.

6. Keejus

Keejus Prince

They'll also show if any unit moves through the city, and you'll have to re-garrison them to hide them again

7. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

I don't get it!:confused: I can just envision the team at Firaxis/2K coding cool dynamic graphics features such as this, and you just find them "highly annoying.":gripe::vomit:

8. Liborio

Liborio Chieftain

Well, seeing that my carriers have grown wings everytime i load a game is a bit annoying for me, others might like it though :crazyeye:

9. jagdtigerciv

jagdtigerciv Prince

Carriers just want to spread their wings and fly. Their sick of being walked all over by fighters.