1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

High appeal tiles

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Bosque, Jun 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

I just finished a game as Hungary. I had a National Park with no mountains or natural wonders. It was just a swath of woods along a river. But with both the Eiffel Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge, one tile had a Breathtaking appeal of 13.

That's the highest I have seen in any of my games. Have any of you seen a higher appeal tile than that?

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I have not seen higher in game.
    I cannot remember the theoretical limit but can get to 25 in my head but that’s a perfect tile, perfect civ, perfect wonders and perfect GP
    +13 is a very pretty tile.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Bosque likes this.
  3. Gloompy

Gloompy Chieftain

No. What does appeal do?

4. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Prince

The appeal of a tile gives extra housing to neighborhoods, extra tourism to national parks, and extra tourism and gold to seaside resorts built on that tile. The housing and gold is useful for everyone, and the tourism is important for any player seeking a cultural victory. There's also a pantheon belief that improves tiles with high appeal.

Certain civs have unique interactions with appeal. Australia has districts that produce more yields on tiles with high appeal, and the Mapuche have a unique improvement that produces culture based on the tile's appeal.

Bosque and footslogger like this.
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The Alcazar improvement for example gives +2 culture and half the appeal of the tile as science.
    The OP one is the public transport tile. If you replace a farm tile with a neighbourhood you immediately (before completing it) get 100*tile appeal value in gold.
    Seaside resorts give tourism based on appeal of the tile, ski resorts, gold courses, national parks, all similar.

Bosque likes this.