High end system, all AMD?

PrairieDad

Chieftain
I'm seriously considering a mid-high end new system, with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600(x?) (or maybe 1700, not x) and _either_ a Vega graphics card (once they're released, later this quarter, but with what specs?!) or perhaps a _pair_ of the new Radeon 580s.

I realize that I'm a bit ahead of the game, but I'm curious about the idea of two cheaper graphics cards as opposed to one, more expensive one. I mean, 16 gig of VRAM!!?? How bad could that be?

In the Tech Support forum, most questions about dual video cards mean one card + integrated graphics on the chip (APU) / mobo...but I don't find any with, say dual rx480s or whatever (maybe some dual nVidias, but that doesn't necessarily help me here.)

All this would run in DirectX12, and at 2560 x 1440...or even an extra-wide 1440 monitor, depending on what prices I find.

Any and all thoughts on feasibility would be helpful...can it be done, should it be done, etc.

Photi

Governor
if you can hold off a month or two, i'd wait to see what the Vega has to offer. AMD's marketing for it has perked a lot of ears. plus by then you might start seeing some 16GB DDR4 3200 memory modules on AM4 mobo QVLs.

Top Bottom