1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

High-food map script?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dalamb, Jun 18, 2011.

1. dalamb

dalamb Deity

Is there a map script for BtS that makes a high-food map likely (or at least a high-food start)? Nobles' Club has had a couple of fairly low-food maps lately, and the fans would like something with lots for a change.

2. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

Full of Resources by sto might work for you guys. It's adjustable so if you want ridiculously insane (or just moderately high) amounts of food resources, but want luxury and strategic resources to be normal, you can set it up that way. Plus you can set it up to be very detailed- specific resources but not others, high concentrations of resources around starting points, etc.

If you're running BUG it came with the extra map scripts.

3. dalamb

dalamb Deity

I've seen FoR in the script list, but found the vast collection of options intimidating. OTOH there's 3 weeks to the next NC, so maybe I have time to figure it out.

4. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

To fully understand every aspet of FoR would probably require years of dedicated study, similar to a doctorate program. :D But once you get into the menus, it's pretty simple if all you want to do is spam the heck out of food resources.

5. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

I find Donut maps give high food starts quite often (funnily enough considering it's named after a foodstuff :p). Even something crazy like triple corn + two seafood isn't too rare. On the downside, happiness resources are quite rare (partly because there's no tundra for furs and silver to spawn, but pretty scarce even considering that), though that might not be so bad for a learning series.

EDIT: I just looked in the NC thread; vranasm suggests a low-commerce script, which Donut fits as well, especially for non-Financial leaders.

One more note (which you may be aware of): if you do choose Donut, don't use "peaks" for the center, since you get a lot of land that can't be claimed, but still counts towards Domination victory, so you end up having to conquer the whole world for Domination.

6. arial_destiny

arial_destiny Chieftain

I've never played it through, but I believe the arboria map has a lot of grassland with practically no tundra and a good amount of livestock/deer. It might work.

7. dalamb

dalamb Deity

We've done arboria a couple of times; I like to pick it for the Mongols or Aztecs since they have some advantages in woods. IIRC there are lots of deer and not too many other kinds of food.