High Sierra 10.13.3?

PrairieDad

Chieftain
The last post in the High Sierra thread was Jan. 10, since which time 10.13.3 has been released. Anybody notice any problems/changes/improvements...whatever. I'm on 10.12.6 (last Sierra update) and play OK, but would normally be ready to upgrade, now that several point-releases have been out for a while.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I'm running the latest version on High Sierra. The CPU and cooling fan is running constantly at 200%+, even at the lowest graphics levels. I have the latest MacBook Pro with the Touch Bar, so I would assume the hardware is capable, but maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone seen any threads with tips to get the game to perform without melting my MBP?

I also have a MBP with Touch Bar and am not experiencing continuous fan or CPU overload at all. I will say that when I do play I'm not setting the laptop onto my lap and possibly blocking the exhaust ports on the back of the machine. The entire chassis of a MBP acts as the heat sink and if that mechanism is blocked it tries harder to cool itself by increasing the fan speed.

I've rigged up a short shelf to use as a lap table while leaving room for a mouse. This allows space for the cooling mechanism of the MBP to operate and lets me use a mouse and prevent hand cramps from trying to control units with the mouse pad.

My iMac crashes every time I try to play. When it first came out, it worked fine... now I cannot play. Not sure why.

Running 10.1.3.5 beta... maybe that is the issue :(

I don't get why it overheats and crashes.

My iMac crashes every time I try to play. When it first came out, it worked fine... now I cannot play. Not sure why.

Running 10.1.3.5 beta... maybe that is the issue :(

I don't get why it overheats and crashes.

It may be the 10.13.5 beta, since I have been playing without any issues at all on 10.13.4. I'm a retired IT professional, and I usually don't upgrade from 10.n to 10.n+1 until the new version is at least at 10.n+1.3...so maybe you'd be better on 10.13.4 for some time to come?

Also, how much RAM and VRAM has your iMac got? Mine is so old (mid-2011) that it's not even supposed to run the game! VRAM is only 512MB ;-) but in fact it does fine...slow, but perfectly stable...I do have 16 GB of RAM.

Top Bottom