1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Hill of -3 Coal..

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by LetMyPeopleGo, Jan 14, 2018.

1. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Chieftain

Hello,
    I've encountered a strange behavior while playing Civ V BNW as the Celts.

After discovering Industrialization I got Coal on a hill with a mine improvement, hovering over the mine reads 3 Coal while on the UI it reads 0 Coal, I reloaded a previous turn and removed the mine, after discovering Industrialization the UI reads -3 Coal, suffice to say I have no units or buildings requiring Coal yet.

I read somewhere that occupied strategic resourced can give negative quantity whitch I personally never encountered in many happy years of Civ V, but to be sure that that hill was never an occupied territory I went back and found out that I used that hill to build a Citadel to grab an Iron mine from a near by City State and than I removed the Citadel and replaces it with a mine.

The included saves:

Boudicca_0350_Hill_unoccupied_territorry_AD-0001: To show the hill was unoccupied.
    Boudicca_0345_Cidatel_on_Hill_BC-0050: A few turns later shows the Citadel.
    Industrialization_Discovered: 3 Coal on the hill but 0 Coal in total

Mine removed before Industrialization Discovered: Building a farm to remove the mine, one turn to Industrialization. Next turn will show -3 Coal.

Game settings:
    Huge map, marathon, small continents, Boudicca.
    Civ V BNW updated to the latest version on steam.

Many thanks in advance for any help or solution.

2. CivPurist

CivPurist Chieftain

Just saw this too - after over 10,000 hours of play. Seems to be unique to building a citadel over a not-yet-discovered strategic resource? Digging around, I found one reference to this on CivFanatics:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/citadel-resources-bug.527105/

And one on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/1j5tz4/i_have_iron_but_i_dont_have_iron_bug_or_am_i/

In my case, I used a citadel to steal a CS's gems, then later replaced the citadel with a mine, then found coal on the citadel hex when Industrialization was discovered - but it wasn't included in my total. I tried replacing the mine with a trading post and got -3 coal for my trouble. :/