Hillary Clinton Warned Audience about President Trump and Nuclear War

tuckerkao

King
I read this news article few moments ago, the publishing date was Oct 16, 2017 -
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-trump-nuclear-weapons-2017-10

This news was 1 year too late for me which should have been Oct 17, 2016 when the presidential campaign were actively going. Hillary Clinton sent a very crucial message to the audience that could have swung the entire election, but not so ideal when President Trump has already been destined for 4 years of supremacy.

The international agreement between the United States and South Korea with North Korea was an armistice, not a peace treaty in 1953. Armistice was only the cease of weapon fires between all the involved sides. Peace Treaty should be the formal declaration of the end of the war. North Korea can still technically claim the ongoing Korean War(cold or hot) from the 1950s.

Lyndon B. Johnson labeled Republican opponent Barry Goldwater as a potential nuclear war starter and former President Johnson won the presidential election of 1964 by a huge landslide.

Last edited:
Can you not expand on how the thread title follows from anything you said?

Johnson beating Goldwater had more reasons than merely Johnson making an accusation against Goldwater that he is trigger happy in regards to nuclear weapons.

Hillary would have lost to Trump even if that 'trigger happy' accusation had been more prominently covered in the media (which I thought it already was. Before this thread I always thought that was how Hillary and most of the left viewed Trump, in that they wouldn't trust him with nukes.)

When you say "was 1 year too late for me" does this mean that you would have not voted for trump if you had heard this earlier?
Seems a bit strange.

I was on here at roughly the same time arguing that it would be idiocy to give Trump the nuclear codes. I went so far as to (mostly jokingly) say Obama should just become a dictator to prevent Trump taking office.

And you didn't vote for Trump. That's why I was asking if tucker did? It sounds like he's saying if he knew this it would have made a difference.

I too am unsure why OP would need Hillary Clinton to tell him that Trump shouldn't have the nuclear codes.

Yeah, I'm not sure this concern is new for many people on this forum. I do think, though, that a lot of Americans are being confronted with some of this stuff for the first time in recent months. I remember talking to a Trump supporter shortly after the election, and telling him that one of my biggest concerns about Trump was in foreign policy. At the time, I was thinking more of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan than North Korea, but Trump has done nothing to assuage my concerns in those regions in the last year, either. The guy I was talking to didn't really have anything to say on the subject. His eyes kind of glazed over. I got the impression that he hadn't thought much about it, didn't know what I was referring to, or just didn't care much (or all of the above). I didn't push it, we were just hanging out and having a beer, and I didn't want to lecture or start an argument.

I was at least saved from that because none of my republican friends voted for him.

"A person who can be baited with a tweet should not have access to muclear weapons" was a pretty heavily played theme towards the end of the campaign. I'm not sure how one could have missed it.

A plurality of Republicans support a preemptive strike on North Korea. This is only going to increase given that one of the most significant driving factors of American political opinions are what their party leaders say.

Trump is not a one-off exemption. He is not really any more a risk of nuclear war than any Republican neocon, or hardliner, or whatever is. This is the party he is part of. In all honesty; a bunch of them (them being Republicans in general) don't give a crap about bombing the bejesus out of a country and having Seoul, a city on the other side of the world, turned into a crater. They never have, and never will, and that is a distinctly American characteristic.

But don't worry, the American media today is rehabilitating George Bush again. Everything is wonderful.

Enjoy Arby's.

that is a distinctly American characteristic.

Careful, now. It's a characteristic that's fairly common to most of the imperial powers throughout history.

But don't worry, the American media today is rehabilitating George Bush again. Everything is wonderful.

I remember that when Trump won this is one of the things I dreaded the most. I knew that the "normal" Republicans would soon start to look good. I honestly believe that the "liberal" media hates Trump not because of his garbage politics but because they actually want to be good little patriots, stand up and salute, but they can't reconcile that attitude with such a personally odious President. I also speculate that many liberals hate Trump more because the fact of his success disproved their deeply-held belief in myths about the fundamental rightness of the American government and social system, than because of his actual politics or behavior.

Careful, now. It's a characteristic that's fairly common to most of the imperial powers throughout history.

Yeah it is. And I don't want to let, say, other countries off the hook, but I meant more current day, where there's a pretty strong collection of data that show both an apathy and a disengagement of American citizens in the concerns of our government policy overseas that is more severe than most other developed countries. Which often then becomes a case of "yeah what are x amount of dead brown people to me." Which is concerning when America is the country most capable of making a bunch of people dead.

I remember that when Trump won this is one of the things I dreaded the most. I knew that the "normal" Republicans would soon start to look good. I honestly believe that the "liberal" media hates Trump not because of his garbage politics but because they actually want to be good little patriots, stand up and salute, but they can't reconcile that attitude with such a personally odious President. I also speculate that many liberals hate Trump more because the fact of his success disproved their deeply-held belief in myths about the fundamental rightness of the American government and social system, than because of his actual politics or behavior.

Yep. All these photos now of Bush hugging grieving parents, and how caring he was, and how good a guy, how he wrote letters to the deceased, when he wouldn't have had to hug any of them, and they wouldn't be missing a child, if he didn't work to orchestrate a completely fabricated war that has left half a million dead. What a guy!

Yeah it is. And I don't want to let, say, other countries off the hook, but I meant more current day, where there's a pretty strong collection of data that show both an apathy and a disengagement of American citizens in the concerns of our government policy overseas that is more severe than most other developed countries. Which often then becomes a case of "yeah what are x amount of dead brown people to me." Which is concerning when America is the country most capable of making a bunch of people dead.

Oh, certainly, what I had in mind was more from the past, like the British or Roman Empires. It's the pattern with empires, once they become sufficiently powerful the citizenry doesn't need to have any interest in foreign affairs.

its about time we had a sabre rattler in the WH... I'm getting tired of subsidizing N Korea (do we still do that?) when they continually mis-behave. But I also heard China knows or thinks Trump is a paper tiger, so I'm not sure the sabre rattling is working.

Maybe China should listen to a few more Clinton Speeches, then they would know that Trump's basically willing to nuke the world when he's in a bad mood.

Yep. All these photos now of Bush hugging grieving parents, and how caring he was, and how good a guy, how he wrote letters to the deceased, when he wouldn't have had to hug any of them, and they wouldn't be missing a child, if he didn't work to orchestrate a completely fabricated war that has left half a million dead. What a guy!

And we have the Clinton's to thank for their efforts too... But no, Trump is the scary one? My God, people have been watching Republicans and Democrats play the bull in the china shop for decades and Trump is the war monger?

And we have the Clinton's to thank for their efforts too... But no, Trump is the scary one? My God, people have been watching Republicans and Democrats play the bull in the china shop for decades and Trump is the war monger?

Of course Trump is scary. He wants to rip up the Iran deal. That alone increases the chances that they start developing nukes again, which then increases the chance we decide "hey lets bomb them so they don't get them lol." The only other people who want to rip it up are the hardline militant Republicans that Trump campaigned to separate himself from (so much for that). Multiple people inside the administration confirm that Trump believes diplomatic solutions with North Korea are exhausted.

Does this mean nuclear war is imminent? Probably not. Has the needle moved towards war with NK or Iran in the last 8 months? Yeah, it has. Even "just another Iraq" means 500k dead. That should scare anyone.

its about time we had a sabre rattler in the WH...

Funny, me and GEFM were just discussing how murderous most Americans are when it comes to foreign policy and along you come to prove our point! Thanks a bunch

Trump is just unhinged, so his behavior isn't necessarily predictable through rational analysis. I was actually just going to make the point that as yet he has not even come close to the level of criminality displayed by his Republican predecessor. The Iraq War will be hard to top, but enough "saber-rattling" with Best Korea and Dear Leader Trump just might pull it off...

Top Bottom