hist. Germany in UE 1.2 - wtf?

Chep

Emperor
Hey there,

I don't know if anyone is still playing this, but after playing first RFC and then AoD2 I came back to Road to War.
While the open game is fun but easy (at least with the "big guns"), I really, really enjoyed playing the historical mode.

However playing as Germany on the Global Assault...is that really possible?
I (rather) easily won with Germany on the Europe map and Japan in the Global Assault. Each was fun and challenging but definitely possible.

But...but...Germany on the worldmap seems awfully hard. I only have very few, very small cities, therefore no spy points to speak of and while I do get research boni the russians (and the allies later on) just tech much much faster.
I even ran almost completely out of money in '38 while building up my army.
All the while Poland has those annoying anti-tank-guns in every city, making attacks with tanks impossible. (I only build air planes, artillery and infantry, but still I think these guns make tanks almost useless for this war).

Is this really how it is supposed to be? I mean compared to Germany winning with Japan is a piece of cake.
It probably can be done, it's just that my motivation drops, when Poland has an army thats size almost equals my own (although with weaker units) and France starts conquering my western city with their superior troops.

Or is there some fix out there because this is considered to be a bug? It just seems really weird to me that the entire "Europe"-map and the Global Assault with Japan are so much easier than this...

My version 2.x will likely fix a lot of the problems with the Global Map for most nations.

The core mod is no longer supported and updates will no longer be released.

However, you can always use Worldbuilder to fix it up a bit to your liking. This is how I started my 'modding'

Top Bottom