HistographSymbols

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Random Fires, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

At the end of the game, when you check the histograph, there's stars and swords at certain time periods, but I've yet to decipher what they represent. Even the Ai's usually get a star or two If I don't wipe them out right away... Started to notice this on Emp, and diety.

2. someguy486

someguy486 Warlord

I've been wondering this myself. I used to think it was when I went to war, but that doesn't make sense.

3. vapaach

vapaach Chieftain

I think the sword means you declare a war and the star....it could be when you build a wonder.

4. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

Nope, spam'ed wonders in my last game, stars a no go. Kept track of DOW's and doesn't match, (though could still be DOW's from the AI, gonna check that next), not city celebrations, or captures either.

5. goofyballer

goofyballer Chieftain

I've wondered this too. Two weird things:
    - I either get a bunch of swords or a bunch of stars, never a mix (also, "a bunch" is usually around 8)
    - They always appear around the same time period and somewhat close together - they def don't span across different eras or anything

6. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

Maybe it depends on game style, I've gotten 2swords with 1star in the same line, one game I've had 3stars spread out, no distinct pattern.
    One thing I do know, when I first started playing, I never saw any, got better, noticed them. Now I seem to get even more, obviously its tied to skill in some way... It's diving me nuts. Even the Ai's get them.

7. someguy486

someguy486 Warlord

Maybe it is related to government change?

8. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

That's what I thought once, but it doesn't add, or line up. The closest I can figure is, stars are based on a city requirement,(there is a star flag in capital cities) but capturing one of these cities doesn't give you a star. Possible a sword, but it still doesn't match up to the time line.
    One thought, swords and stars don't match the time line accurately, which would explain a lot.
    Instead, it marks it at the end of "periods", you would gain a star for capitals, and a sword for city captures. This would account for why many symbols line up at certain points and the numbers of swords and stars. Just a theory so far, still working on it. Please, check out your histographs, someone will figure it out.

9. someguy486

someguy486 Warlord

I don't think it is related to capturing cities either. I normally get just one sword or one sword and one star. This is also true if I go for a domination victory. I always get them at the very beginning of the time line. You would think what the symbols meant would be more obvious... :\

10. donpost

donpost Chieftain

Maybe the stars indicate when you reached the Medieval age/Industrial Age/Modern Age?

11. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

This is starting to make sense, here's the Theory thus far.
    At the end of each period, a tally is made of how many capitals(stars) and how many captured cities(swords). This would explain why the time line of the events never matches up to captures,why so many are in a row, why some civs have them and some don't.It marks this on the period endings in the graph. (the numbers still don't add up, I gotta break down and get a pen, and write as I play) So another thing to try and keep track of periods...
    On another note, straying from topic. I posted this same question on the 2KForum boards, thinking...You know, someone might give an answer. Hehe... Silly me.

12. goofyballer

goofyballer Chieftain

To correct one thing I mentioned earlier, I did get a game yesterday where I had a couple stars mixed in with mostly swords.

However, one of the stars was located next to my civ at 4000 BC (first turn of the game). I was using the Greeks this game (government "change" to democracy?) and did nothing out of the ordinary my first few turns - built a couple warriors, went out and explored, etc.

13. Plainsman

Plainsman Chieftain

When you guys figure this out, please post it here. I've been wondering...

14. CrashXVII

CrashXVII Chieftain

I had happened to ask my room mate this before I read it here. He said he thought the swords were tough battles. Since we were only playing on warlord at the time it seemed to make sense. All the swords were only at the beginning of the time line. After that the AI was out teched so the battles were quite lopsided. No real clue on the stars.

15. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I wish they provided more statistics at the end of the game.

16. someguy486

someguy486 Warlord

I am with you on that. Also, that that like minimap replay they had in civ4 and 3 where it showed you where the cities were and tell you ever major thing that happened and in what year.

17. copeknight

copeknight Chieftain

I wish there were more end game stats, too--as well as a running record like the Hall of Fame on the computer Civs.

But, getting to the original question, my hypothesis is that the symbols relate to when the various artifacts are found.

18. dc82

dc82 Prince

the ds version has the replay feature (as in the pc games) - wonder why they never put it in the console versions.

19. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

Hehe, I wonder lots of things. Still no response from 2k on this Histograph. I'm starting to think the damn thing is just random, or doesn't function(would explain everything). I know what it's not; wonders, ages, or Gp's,
    I think the star maybe, a city of a population more then 4, and swords captures of the same.

20. Fadan80

Fadan80 Adriana Lima Fan

Could be the swords means Amies, and stars great persons???