1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Historian's ,Pr and limeted news coverage

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by TheDuckOfFlanders, Mar 3, 2003.

1. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

It's just a idea guys ,but we could do some public relation's for this game among the other member's of this site to participate in this wonderfull site showdown.
    I have thought about giving news covarage ,preferably on the main page about this game ,but then with limited information.
    This game could get very popular ,eventually ,this come's close to site war's (on a game level) ,and many of the Cfc'rs might want to win this baby ,just for the Complete honour ,and to brag of to poly and etc. for some years.

Then again ,we should give some thought to what we should give and what not ,if we uberhaupt decide to do that anyway.In any case ,i think we should attrackt a good historian to keep track of our deeds ,just for having written history.
    We might want to attrack a good and dedicated writer out of the stories & tale's forum.Some of the guys out there are really good ,and quite funny.

Well ,it are just some thought's ,no poll or anything yet.

2. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Nice idea, we should have a Public relations director directly attached to the foreign leader. This way, he could be "fired" at any moment if the Foreign leader thinks that he let too much info get out of the High Council. We could also post its news at the UN, just to make the other sites know what we want them to know...

3. TheDuckOfFlanders

Exactly ,it may be strategicly interresting to sometimes give information that is not nessecarely correct ,but that may scare of an enemy for ex. .

4. croxis

croxis Chat room op

ooo, interesting!

5. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

i'm all for a 'misinformation division' (to paraphrase Fight Club). I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. Besides, we could have some fun with it.

6. TheDuckOfFlanders

Lol ,does let me tink back at that moment's that Apolyton guys come over at the Cfc chat room.We all start talking about our 10th modern armor that is completed ,or nuke's that are inbound ,etc :D

7. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

"'misinformation division' " Maybe we should call it the 'Ministry of Truth'. I think 1984 is having an impact on me! I nominate EA for the job!

8. croxis

croxis Chat room op

hehe, if it wouldn't caus e too much trouble we could fake screenshots ;-)

9. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

hahahah! Thats a great idea! 2000BC. The Fanatikan Modern Armour roams the streets!

10. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

You never really know what will come out of a goodie hut, do you?

11. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

If it's TOO outrageous, they'll catch on. Maybe, something like, "We have 10 warriors stationed to the north. (but, not too soon, since it's kind of obvious that you can't have 10 warriors and 2 cities by turn 11.)

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Sure you can!

13. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

Thanks for the nomination Goonie, I would have so much fun in a "misinformation division" but right now I'm swamped by RL and the game, so I'm gona decline, I would, however, serve as an advisor or 'creative consultant' to the one who does get the job.

EA

14. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

This sounds quite interesting :)

Anyone been in contact with some from the "Stories & Tales" forum?

I don't know if I have much to contribute to this Ministry of Truth, but I'll help if I can.

We could call the news/history-reports for Newspeak, just to follow up on the 1984 idea :)