1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Agendas

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Beefie, May 27, 2016.

1. Beefie

Beefie Warlord

With the introduction of the Historical Agendas, and how it seems to factor largely into the choice of Civ Leader, I was wondering what people think would be good choices for Leaders we see a lot in civ games E.g.
    Ghandi: is favorable to peaceful civilizations
    (Although this is kind of covered by Roosevelt... maybe he favors civs with DoFs?)

or suggestions for civilizations who normally wouldn't be picked for Civilization due to country/size , but with the inclusion of their historical agenda would make an interesting choice for design? E.g. Cuba, Castro and some ideology/influence agenda

2. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I'm excited by this and I definitely hope that different civs have competing agendas, i.e., if you please one's agenda, you will piss off another's. So like if you have a large military you please Cleopatra but piss off Ghengis Khan or whatever. This is unlike the current system of Beyond Earth, where it is theoretically possible to please everyone's personality traits. As we know in real life, you can't please everyone!

Also FYI we're getting conflicting reports but I think Roosevelt's agenda is focused how aggressive you are to City States, not aggressiveness generally (which I think is too broad / uninteresting anyway)

3. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

...And sometimes annihilates the enemies with nukes. Lots of nukes :p

Here some ideas (not necessarily good ones) for agendas:
    Spoiler :
    Saladin - Is favorable to civilizations which follows his religion (but have good relations with most of the other civilizations)
    Harun al-Rashid - Friendly to civs with high culture (and also friendly with who follows him religion)
    Gengis Khan - Is loyal and friendly to civilizations that have a DoF with Mongolia, but are extremelly agrassive with enemies (even more if the enemies are traitors)
    Augustus/Julius Caesar - Agressive to weaker neighbors
    Lenin - Is favorable to who follows his ideology
    Pedro II - Friendly with civilizations that recived more Great People
    Monty - Ximicacan! Ximicacan! Ximicacan!

4. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

It's not confirmed that the Mongols will be in the game but it's very likely.

Genghis Khan, if he is the leader, should definitely have a conquer the world agenda. Or at the very least, exacting tribute from every other leader/city state.

http://http://www.biography.com/people/genghis-khan-9308634#the-universal-ruler

5. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

They are also considering adding a new agenda that is consistent with their historical and secret agendas when industrial era kicks in to reflect inflection points in relationships from BNW. I assume this will just be an ideology agenda or some variant tied to the civics tree.

6. Thormodr

Conversely, if the leader of the Mongols is Kublai Khan (he was fun to play as in cIV), perhaps a more culture based agenda would be appropriate. At the very least, make the Forbidden Palace/City an exclusive Mongol Wonder as it was the Mongols that built it in the first place. :)

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I suspect Gandhi will hate players with a lot of puppets since he was all about freeing India from Britain.

8. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Gandhi hates civs with lots of food. :D

9. dexters

Would be funny if he has a joke optional "historical agenda" that says he will nuke civs ;) it is 'historical' for civ

10. D712

D712 Queen

One thing that I'm REALLY excited about with this game is that these agendas reverse previously held flavor stereotypes about certain civs. For example, Egypt now is much more engrained in the military aspect of the game via Cleopatra's interest in other civs' military. Before (at least in CiV), Egypt was the civ of wonder building, a role now filled by China. I'm really hoping this will carry over into other civs like Japan or any African civ that has been portrayed before (besides Morocco or Ethiopia) who have always been made to have militaristic presences.

11. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I would expect the Aztecs to hate your guts if you ally a CS, or anyone.

12. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom

I would expect Aztecs to just hate you for looking at his feathers. :lol:

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

IIRC, Ed Beach indicated that they want to try to use different leaders and flavors from the Civ V iterations of those civs. So I am curious to see how many are as different as these first three.

14. IkM

IkM King

It's Kök not Koko lol :D Also Kök -or Kok if you want to call- is Turkic not Mongolian.

Btw, it's Möngke Khukh Tengri in Mongolian and Bengü Kök Tengri in Turkish :)

15. Thormodr

Well, of course. :)

It's anglicized for our "benefit."

It would be cool to have special characters in names for Civ but it would hamper the search function so it's very unlikely to happen. :sad:

16. IkM

IkM King

Didn't mean to be rude friend, I know you just quoted from that link. I just wanted to help :)

Peace :)

17. Thormodr

Oh, not rude at all. :)

I appreciate your input, information and knowledge on the subject. :king:

I want to see the Mongols fairly accurately portrayed in Civ VI (if they are in, which I assume they are) so it is nice to see another forum member interested in that, as well.

18. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

well there you go:

Genghis's agenda item is to unify all nations that share a religion with him. Whether he founded it and spread it or whether you accidentally gave him religion.

19. Thormodr

Ummm...link? :D

20. dexters

That's brilliant. Imagine seeding him your own religion and he will be allied with you plus likely go on a religious crusade with the human player.