1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Agendas

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Beefie, May 27, 2016.

1. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

fixed that for you.

the other way works as well, but likely not for Ghenghis.

@Thormodr - it was the natural conclusion to the discussion, not that it's a source thing.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Prince

I hope Gandhi has an agenda to nuke the hell out of his enemies, especially if he's losing.:D

3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Ah ok. Thanks. :)

4. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Mongols to go after you if you founded a religion? as in the Mongols subjugating every religion to cohexist under their empire?

edit: Oh I see MadJinn thought the same, it just fits Genghis more.

5. altayrneto

altayrneto Prince

I don't know... Its a really cool agenda, but don't fit so well on Genghis... He is famous not for unify his people/the people who followed his religion, but for the conquest of many nations with diverses cultures and faiths. He also agreed with the religious liberty in his lands. I personally thing he will receive offensive agenda more embracing with the diverse civs.

6. IkM

IkM King

Man, why you doing this :( I thought they officially stated Mongols as playable :sad:

Btw, unifying people under one religion definitely not Mongol or Genghis Khan's thing. Both Turkic Empires and Mongol Empire famous with religious liberty in their empires.

They literally didn't care about people's religion, as long as they stay loyal to the Khan/Khagan.

7. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Ah thanks. I read that backwards. Really digging that idea

8. Navelgazer

Navelgazer King

Yeah, I can't imagine Temujin's Agenda having anything to do with religion. Total conquest, sure. Pillaging "academic" tiles, absolutely. But not religion.

9. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Small side OT:

On the topic of 'hidden agendas' , it's advertised as completely random. But I can't imagine it being completely random lest it rolls a secondary hidden agenda that contradicts or undercuts their first agenda.

I would guess they would either control that by putting in some qualifier rules, or the hidden agenda selection will be designed by default to be interchagenable with any primary agenda.

10. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Probably wrt hidden agendas.

Or they just ensure that all agendas are unique enough so that they can be mixed without the issue of opposites happening.

11. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

This thread make me worried about how to make varied agenda for historical warmonger. Namely, wil there be an meaningful different between Shaka, Montezuma and Genghis Khan (assumed Genghis will be included) not to mention other choices that wasn't usual choice.

12. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Well, there are different reasons to warmonger.

And what we don't know is if they kept the flavour system for leaders. It could be that these agendas replace those,mor could just be a guide to their random flavour ratings.

13. Beefie

Beefie Warlord

Yeah I agree with this, the agenda system seems flexible enough that it can generate these distinctions. For example, maybe Atilla dislikes civs with lots of wonders and Winston Churchill favours civs who conduct justified Wars (and conversely dislikes those who just warmonger). If they both have high warmongering values, they will both go to war quite a bit but the agenda system will give each a different feel.

14. Tagma

Tagma Chieftain

Don't forget that one of the agendas we know of is limited to what happens on the home continent. I wonder if this will be the norm, or if "global" agendas will be common?

15. glaivemaster

glaivemaster Prince

Genghis would fit perfectly with a tribute-demanding agenda. If he demands tribute and you accept, he's much friendlier and more likely to trade in future. If you ever stop giving the tribute he demands, he becomes hyper aggressive. Alternatively, someone who is very friendly with you if you are only friendly with him. Someone who likes to be diplomatic, as long as they get to control the terms. All your trade routes should be with him, no other alliances etc. Otherwise, he despises you for trying to find friends elsewhere. I think something along these lines show a leader who wants to treat you as a subject nation without having to constantly invade everyone just for existing, but who is very happy to do so if necessary.

16. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

1 of 3 agendas we know of. I doubt it's very common.

17. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Shaka would probably be a classic warmonger who wants to destroy everybody around him. Maybe he'll also have an agenda to aim for a more advanced military than his neighbors and preferably attack backwards civs.
    Monty could have an agenda to expand at the cost of city-states and using war as a means of aquiring tributes from civs. For example he'd attack his neighbors but would be willing to make peace more easily if they agree to pay him with gold per turn, luxuries and resources. Also raiding could make a big part of his style of warfare. So he'd be less interested in directly taking your land but more in forcing his neighbors into signing unfavorable treaties and making them dependent on the Aztecs.

18. Martin Alvito

Martin Alvito Real men play SMAC

It all depends on implementation.

It naturally worked well in SMAC, where each game had the same players and the agendas were balanced in such a way that it was totally impossible to be friends with everyone. In fact, for certain factions optimal play made it nearly impossible to be friends with anyone.

With 20 or so civs, it may be easier to force peace than we'd like through forcing certain opponents and gaming their agendas. That's certainly an improvement on Civ 5 diplomacy, where things were more or less decided by dice roll and the player had relatively little control. But I'd be a lot happier with a system that forces some risk-reward calculations due to mutually exclusive agendas than one where it's easy to get everyone to hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" all game.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

Maybe Genghis Khan's agenda involves the new emissary system, reject(kill) his diplomat, he burns down half of your empire and builds a mountain of skulls. I'll call it: the Mountain of Skulls agenda.

Japan : Meiji, Friendly to empires with advanced technology, high science focus.

I hope they make as few returning leaders as possible, we already have Gandhi, but we always have Gandhi.

20. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

Isabella - If your religion is a minority in her empire, she will dislike you.

This is, of course, assuming that both she and religions are present in the game, though religion is rather likely.